Questions Not To Ask In Foreign Lands

BunYap

IRELAND
“Are you magically delicious or just angry and drunk? This beer is black- did a leprechaun crap in it?”

FRANCE
“Can I get a side of Freedom Fries with that? Aren’t the French just Germans who can make sauces?”

ITALY
“Is the Pope Polish? Does he have super powers like Jesus? I could sure go for a can of Spaghetti-O’s! ”

POLAND
“Do you hire foreigners to screw in your lightbulbs?”

GERMANY
“Is this bratwurst kosher?”

TURKEY
“Where’s the hash at? It’s cool to recreationally slaughter Kurds?”

KOREA
“Can you watch my puppy for a minute, or must you people deep fry him?”

CHINA
“This wall isn’t so great.”

ENGLAND
“Did you ever get a piece of ass from that Diana chick?”

SWEDEN
“Do you have any normal meatballs? Want to hear a dumb blonde joke?”

YEMEN
“Yemen? That’s a stupid name for a country. What’s it mean -- ‘Land Of Fanatics And Dust' ?”

INDIA
“You don’t live in teepees? Where can I get a good juicy steak around here?”

ETHIOPIA
“After a long day of travel, I’m famished. Hey – those flies sure love your pregnant son!”

CANADA
“You’re like Americans without money.”

SPAIN
“So, this is the country that’s not Portugal? Wow. Your women can shave if they want to, right? Where can I get some Cheez Whiz nachos?”

SOUTH AFRICA
“I liked it better the other way.”

MEXICO
“What's that smell?”

SAUDI ARABIA
“Would you like to see my designs for a solar powered car? Is it legal to beat your wives here, or what?”

RUSSIA
“Is it always this cold and economically devastated?”

UZBEKISTAN
“Can you spell Uzbekistan?”

GREECE
“I hear this place is a less expensive version of Italy."

AFGHANISTAN
“Seriously, where is the real country… where is everything?”

JAPAN
“What’s Hiroshima? Is that a kind of sushi?”

AUSTRALIA
“How can we stop Mel Gibson? Is there a cure?”

AMERICA
“Was John Wayne gay?”

A certain theory of humor is that it is based on the need to distance yourself from the suffering of others, and therefore ALL jokes contain someone who is the butt of the joke. Don't believe it? Think up a joke which DOESN'T feature someone getting hurt, embarassed, or suffering some misfortune. This doesn't include puns, because with puns everyone shares equally in the pain :)
In other words, if it weren't offensive, it wouldn't be funny.

There's distancing yourself from a situation, and then there is offensive. I guess maybe you think starving children are funny (Ethiopia). I tell alot of jokes and most of them aren't clean, I agree, but to be honest, with this as a military forum, I would think these are jokes that might get told in the army, or some such place. So if I stumble upon this site, see these jokes with an American flag beside them, what am I going to think. There are plenty of ignorant American jokes out there (besides making fun of John Wayne), but I wouldn't post them here, because there are lots of Americans that might not like them.

And as for it being spring time, I didn't notice up here in Canada, stuck in my igloo, without any money, cause I'm not American. But I do have universal health care, and for the most part people are either neutral towards us or slightly positive, so I'll take that.

"It is no virtue to lack the strength of will to do evil." I think Robert A. Heinlein said this. I just like the sound of it! 8)

?

i probably shouln't say this is bunyap naturally stupid or does he/she take special lessons.

couldn't see to much in here that was all that funny?

Jamoni said:
A certain theory of humor is that it is based on the need to distance yourself from the suffering of others, and therefore ALL jokes contain someone who is the butt of the joke. Don't believe it? Think up a joke which DOESN'T feature someone getting hurt, embarassed, or suffering some misfortune. This doesn't include puns, because with puns everyone shares equally in the pain :)
In other words, if it weren't offensive, it wouldn't be funny.

okay a joke in which nobody is hurt or embarrassed or suffering some misfortune? how about this...

6 was found hiding in the corner..because 7 8 9.

:D

Only puns can be funny without offended someone. Or, some semblence of funny.

Such as:

Bill asked his friend the astronomer how his job was going. "Just heavenly" he replied.

The butcher introduced his wife to his friend Bill, he said "Meet Patty"/

:lol:

WAIT A FREAKIN MINUTE!

I bet everyone here makes blonde jokes, including myself. I used to get mad (a long time ago)... Why? I had people at my job and elsewhere constantly remark "You are really smart! I thought you would be dumb when I met you because you are..er... blonde."

So even though its thought to be a very accepted group to make fun of, we really have people basing i.q. on hair color.

But now I can laugh at myself.

By the way, when I was in England, I was watching one of their top comedians. He is legendary for being crude, rude and making fun of everyone, especially Pakistanis. He is like the leading comedian there with all ethnicities, so I guess they can take a joke over there too...(sorry I can't remember his name).

Mark Conley said:
okay a joke in which nobody is hurt or embarrassed or suffering some misfortune? how about this...
6 was found hiding in the corner..because 7 8 9. :D

But 9 is dead now and 6 is embarrassed cause it was found hiding so Marks wrong.
:D

Back