questions about the patriot missiles

master

i would like to know some information about he USA patriot surface to air miisilles . what is the range of the PAC-3 patriot missile . i have seen on a site that it has a range 165 km , does that mean it can shoot fighters from about 165 km away ??? ( if 165 km was the correct range ) . please i would like to know the range of that missile and its cost nowadays . so can it take any fighter or there are still some advanced fighters that are hard to be taken by that missile .

Cant remember the details try the web if no one answers but can tell you a couple of things. Was origionally called SAM-D chances of any plane evading are very low its a top end area SAM and carries a huge warhead as far as SAMs go. Incredibly expensive especially if you take R&D into account seem to remember the last stage 3 upgrade costing $7billion or so the original costs were crazy to, this virtualy ensures it tracks its target despite countermeasures.

PAC 3 can protect the same area as the original Patriot X7 according to the manufacturers specs.

Back