Questions About MOS 23xx

Tovarish1

1.) Ammunition Technician: What do they do? I noticed a picture of them holding rifles and assisting a casualty Marine. Why do they need rifles? Don't they just supply ammo or something? (Of course those Marines were with 3rd Logistics Company.)

2.) EOD work with playing with bombs (and by playing I mean defusing duh:drill:) so what's with them carrying rifles? And what ASVAB scores are needed for either of these? And ANY other requirements for these MOS's.

Ammo Tech's deliver ammo, fuses, charges, and depending on the type ammo assemble and disassemble rounds for transport. They package and stow rounds for transport and keep accurate records of rounds issued and drawn . They provide security to ammo under there custody.

EOD disposes of live and dangerous ordnance ...............generally by blowing it in place not defusing it, although they are trained to defuse it (Render Safe) it's generally so I'm told safer to just blow it up.

They carry rifles because they need weapons rifles are always better than pistols and every Marine is first a rifleman.

Back