A Question on Water.

rqmedes

I was playing around with the thought of prototyping a device for water generation to be used in survival situations or when a individual is cut off from normal water supply.
I have crunched some numbers, and have worked out I can generate approx
300ml's of water per day indefinitely in basically any climate/location.
If I can get a the device down to the size and weight of a mobile phone would this be useful?
Or is not worth the effort for only 300 mls per day?

The volume is unimportant, so long as the technology is economical, and especially if it is scalable.

Its scalable as in each person can only generate 300mls per day. It doesn't require any work input from the person but you cannot give one person 10 devices and have that person generate 3 Liters.
As it piggy backs a normal biological function.
Hence my question is it worth the effort for 300 mls per day?

It will be very economical to create.

Last edited:
Well, one thing's for sure, if it's half what you say, you will need to talk to people a long way further up the food chain than the members of a Military Web site.

Yep will figure out communications channels later, was just trying to gauge if it would be useful and was not sure who to ask.
300mls a day is not a lot, and I cannot really see it reducing the amount of water you would need to carry, but it would extend operation time by 10% when there is no available sources of water and increase survivability in a desperate situation.

Thanks for the feedback

Water isn't only used for drinking. It's also used to disarm IEDs. If 300ml is enough to arm a stingray, then this could definitely save lives.

Back