Question:USMC on Tatoo's

Judas

I was signing up for the Marine Corps today and, on my contract, my recruiter explained to me that I could be disqualified for having any Tatoo's. He asked if I had any Tatoo's and I told him that I had an appointment this weekend to get one done and he told me to hold off until after boot-camp.. What difference does it make?

the USMC has some new tatoo policies, General Hagee doesnt like them. although once a Marine, you can get them and if you had 1 before you signed up you need to get a waiver for it, your Recruiter just doesnt want to deal w/ driving you down to MEPS again so you can talk to some Officer to give you a waiver for a fresh tat.

I'm going down there today and will be able to talk to his Gunney...Is the waiver hard to achieve?

Say I get one anyway but dont tell anyone, are the DI's at boot-camp gonna start axing questions?

MilidarUSMC said:
the USMC has some new tatoo policies, General Hagee doesnt like them. although once a Marine, you can get them and if you had 1 before you signed up you need to get a waiver for it,

I HAVE A FEW TATS AND I AM IN THE MIDDLE OF GETTING ANOTHER ONE. BOTH ARE ON MY BACK AND ARE NOT VISIBLE WHEN I HAVE A SHIRT ON. I MAY ENLIST WITHIN THE NEXT YEAR. AM I IN DANGER OF LOSING ANY SCHOLARSHIPS OR BEING DISQUALIFIED FOR SERVICES BY HAVING THESE TATS?
WHY IS A WAIVER NECESSARY? ALL OF MY TATS ARE RELIGIOUS PROFESSING GOD WHY WOULD THAT BE SOMETHING THAT PREVENTS ME FROM SERVING MY GREAT NATION?

If it can be seen while wearing a class A or B uniform and it could be considered offensive you will have to have it waivered I think.

Well things turned out for me, I talked to my Gunny and he said as long as its not racial he'll waiver it, and doesnt mind if it shows...I was just curious because my recruiter always tells me the worst possible situations, which is good in a way...

Signed up for USMC today, i feel great but that was the longest-boring day in my life (MEPS)

when you get to PISC MCRD or San Diego MCRD the DI's will check all of your tattoos, and will also ask why...its more of identification for them but you dont have to worry about it, btw, congrats on enlisting

Semper Fi.

Most of the time tats are nothin to worry about. I posted earlier what regs say, it usually is if you cant see it in uniform dont worry. By all means do not get anything on your hands, that can be trouble.

Sooners1 said:
Most of the time tats are nothin to worry about. I posted earlier what regs say, it usually is if you cant see it in uniform dont worry. By all means do not get anything on your hands, that can be trouble.

Yeah, hands or face. Mine are all on my back....

Back is the best place to get them. Not to mention one day when you are old and saggy it won't looks as gross.

My grandfather was in the marines, and had a ton of tat's. By the time he was 80....lemme just say ew.he had to move skin so you could see some.

They are hot when you are younger, but think about later down the road. Is it REALLY nessacery?

Yes I have a tattoo. No, I don't regret it.

Back