Question for USMC.

Ryan17

I'm in my second year of college and majoring in Forensic science. And am wanting to join the USMC when i graduate. First question is I'm a big guy. I'm 5'10 at 230 I'm in shape though i moutiain bike on a regular bases and run every other night at least two miles. will my weight be a problem? Also i have had my private pilot lic. since i was 17 would that help me in trying to get a pilot position?

Thanks
Ryan

Just be patient, a lot of the folks around here have pretty busy lives, so it may take a day or so before you can get a response. We have a very strict policy about posting misinformation, so you should not get a response at all until someone with some real solid information is able to address your issue. This should help you make a better decision than one based on twenty knee-jerk replies in the first hour.

Marine Corps Height and Weight standards for your height list a max weight of 192 lbs and a min weight of 132 pounds. So you would be considered overweight by those standards. To enlist you must meet the standards or obtain a waiver.

As far as any aviator position you would need to contact an Officer Selection Officer. He will also be able to address the height/weight issue.

03USMC said:
Marine Corps Height and Weight standards for your height list a max weight of 192 lbs and a min weight of 132 pounds. So you would be considered overweight by those standards. To enlist you must meet the standards or obtain a waiver.

As far as any aviator position you would need to contact an Officer Selection Officer. He will also be able to address the height/weight issue.

allright thanks 192 is posibbile i suppose. Thanks for the info.

yeah i figured that. Used to swim a while back 3 hours a day work outs and never lost anyweight. Hell when i was in boy scouts i went to philmont on a 85 mile trek and gained weight from the food. i know 200 is possile so i can get to 190 hell i still got 2 more years till i'm done with college.

Back