Question regarding camouflage pattern.

Namaco

Hello! and firstly apologies if I posted this in wrong section, toke me a bit of time to figure out where to put it :p

Basically I have a question if anyone in here perhaps is good in camouflages.

042312_north_korea_military_800.jpg

This is KPA's soldier's and their new "camouflage" before they used to have brown all the time now I am a bit interested to know what kind of camouflage pattern it is, it does not look like DPM but slightly resembles M81 Woodland.

Anyone perhaps knows?

Thank you! :D

Hello! and firstly apologies if I posted this in wrong section, toke me a bit of time to figure out where to put it :p

Basically I have a question if anyone in here perhaps is good in camouflages.

042312_north_korea_military_800.jpg

This is KPA's soldier's and their new "camouflage" before they used to have brown all the time now I am a bit interested to know what kind of camouflage pattern it is, it does not look like DPM but slightly resembles M81 Woodland.

Anyone perhaps knows?

Thank you! :D
forest --

Is it US Forest based or more like Russian one? ((flora?)) ((not good in camouflages sorreh :D))
When I researched for some pictures its kinda difficult to say its similar to US forest one :-|

EDIT: Do not mind it sorry :)

Last edited:
Is it US Forest based or more like Russian one? ((flora?)) ((not good in camouflages sorreh :D))
When I researched for some pictures its kinda difficult to say its similar to US forest one :-|

EDIT: Do not mind it sorry :)
forest is forest unless it is winter, in which case they will be flocked with snow. So, where might these folks be planning on visiting... in Russia they will walk forever on bad trails and roads with few restrooms or junk food places to relax. In America they will find very good roads and trails with junk food places around every corner; and a Yankee sharpshooter behind every tree.

Personally I think if NK attacks SK as soon as they see all that they have been missing they will desert in mass, after all being in the army of NK is the only place where they may be fed and clothed on a regular basis.

Well I have done my research and found out that this is a KPA's Type 99 Chinese Woodland variant :D

To be honest they impress me from everytime I see something new from NK lol
type99pararig.jpg

This is Type 99 Woodland Camouflage, and surely has a small difference from NK, I guess colors.
So its a copy of a copy lol

But to be honest its hard to tell if its really Type 88, or M81 or even DPM copy xD but oh well still not puzzling like why they have silver weapons but lets not go offtopic xD

Last edited:
I came across a new camouflage a few days ago, new for me at least. It seems to be originated from Britain. I don't know if it is operational yet, or if it ever be a camouflage pattern for regular forces. The Special Forces around the world can wear what ever they prefer, I suppose

http://hydedefinition.com/patterns.html

I don't know if it is operational yet, or if it ever be a camouflage pattern for regular forces. The Special Forces around the world can wear what ever they prefer, I suppose

It's not operational in the UK (at the moment).

As for Special Forces, in the UK they wear the same camo as regular forces. Makes it easier to blend in with everyone else. ;)

It's not operational in the UK (at the moment).

As for Special Forces, in the UK they wear the same camo as regular forces. Makes it easier to blend in with everyone else. ;)

Wouldn't the wearing of standard issued British uniforms identify them as Brits, when they are in an area where the Brits are not supposed to be?

The British forces are using the Multicam now, right?

Wouldn't the wearing of standard issued British uniforms identify them as Brits, when they are in an area where the Brits are not supposed to be?

They would either wear the local uniform or dress in plain clothes etc.

Our special forces aren't in the habit of being caught when they are in places they shouldn't be. ;)

I meant that they wear standard British camo so that they can't be identified i.e. they just look like regular soldiers to the untrained eye.

The British forces are using the Multicam now, right?

Yes. Our version is called MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern).

They would either wear the local uniform or dress in plain clothes etc.

Our special forces aren't in the habit of being caught when they are in places they shouldn't be. ;)

I meant that they wear standard British camo so that they can't be identified i.e. they just look like regular soldiers to the untrained eye.

Yes. Our version is called MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern).

Do the British forces still wear the DPM uniform?

The DPM is quite popular among hunters in Sweden, I have seen them wearing a DPM smock (mostly by Arktisltd) beside the civilian hunting camouflage, in Sweden, it is called "Tree bark."

Some snipers in the Swedish military are/were wearing the DPM. A friend of mine was a sniper and he told they had the DPM

I have a black smock (by Arktisltd) I use it when I am hiking during the colder seasons, not daily. I like it a lot

Do the British forces still wear the DPM uniform?

The DPM is quite popular among hunters in Sweden, I have seen them wearing a DPM smock (mostly by Arktisltd) beside the civilian hunting camouflage, in Sweden, it is called "Tree bark."

Some snipers in the Swedish military are/were wearing the DPM. A friend of mine was a sniper and he told they had the DPM

I have a black smock (by Arktisltd) I use it when I am hiking during the colder seasons, not daily. I like it a lot

DPM started being phased out in 2010 and as of mid 2011 it's no longer in use iirc. All wear MTP (multicam) now.

DPM was unsuitable in Afghanistan hence the change.

Back