Question regarding camouflage pattern. - Page 2

--

December 20th, 2012  
m551sheridan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeEnfield
Does it matter, you would hear that coming a mile away
I don't see metal on metal but I do see lots of shiny things... then of course the *spray-n-pray weapon*......... of course 10,000 charlie-chans on full auto may make one duck
December 21st, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

I came across a new camouflage a few days ago, new for me at least. It seems to be originated from Britain. I don't know if it is operational yet, or if it ever be a camouflage pattern for regular forces. The Special Forces around the world can wear what ever they prefer, I suppose

http://hydedefinition.com/patterns.html
December 21st, 2012  
Capt Frogman

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
I don't know if it is operational yet, or if it ever be a camouflage pattern for regular forces. The Special Forces around the world can wear what ever they prefer, I suppose
It's not operational in the UK (at the moment).

As for Special Forces, in the UK they wear the same camo as regular forces. Makes it easier to blend in with everyone else.
--
December 21st, 2012  
The Highway Man

as they queue up at the Bratty van.
December 21st, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
It's not operational in the UK (at the moment).

As for Special Forces, in the UK they wear the same camo as regular forces. Makes it easier to blend in with everyone else.
Wouldn't the wearing of standard issued British uniforms identify them as Brits, when they are in an area where the Brits are not supposed to be?

The British forces are using the Multicam now, right?
December 21st, 2012  
Capt Frogman

Quote:
Wouldn't the wearing of standard issued British uniforms identify them as Brits, when they are in an area where the Brits are not supposed to be?
They would either wear the local uniform or dress in plain clothes etc.

Our special forces aren't in the habit of being caught when they are in places they shouldn't be.

I meant that they wear standard British camo so that they can't be identified i.e. they just look like regular soldiers to the untrained eye.

Quote:
The British forces are using the Multicam now, right?
Yes. Our version is called MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern).
December 21st, 2012  
The Highway Man

Quote:
They just look like untrained soldiers to the regular eye.
Should fit in easily enough.
December 22nd, 2012  
Namaco

Heyoh again guys, wanted to ask if anyone know the name of these two camo's

They are Chinese origin but no luck finding name of it:

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=File:China28.jpg

http://camopedia.org/index.php?title=File:China29.jpg
December 27th, 2012  
I3BrigPvSk

Quote:
They would either wear the local uniform or dress in plain clothes etc.

Our special forces aren't in the habit of being caught when they are in places they shouldn't be.

I meant that they wear standard British camo so that they can't be identified i.e. they just look like regular soldiers to the untrained eye.

Yes. Our version is called MTP (Multi Terrain Pattern).

Do the British forces still wear the DPM uniform?

The DPM is quite popular among hunters in Sweden, I have seen them wearing a DPM smock (mostly by Arktisltd) beside the civilian hunting camouflage, in Sweden, it is called "Tree bark."

Some snipers in the Swedish military are/were wearing the DPM. A friend of mine was a sniper and he told they had the DPM

I have a black smock (by Arktisltd) I use it when I am hiking during the colder seasons, not daily. I like it a lot
December 28th, 2012  
Capt Frogman

Quote:
Do the British forces still wear the DPM uniform?

The DPM is quite popular among hunters in Sweden, I have seen them wearing a DPM smock (mostly by Arktisltd) beside the civilian hunting camouflage, in Sweden, it is called "Tree bark."

Some snipers in the Swedish military are/were wearing the DPM. A friend of mine was a sniper and he told they had the DPM

I have a black smock (by Arktisltd) I use it when I am hiking during the colder seasons, not daily. I like it a lot
DPM started being phased out in 2010 and as of mid 2011 it's no longer in use iirc. All wear MTP (multicam) now.

DPM was unsuitable in Afghanistan hence the change.