question for people who like rap - Page 2

--
Boots

August 1st, 2005  
Irishone

mmm ive a fairly wide music range, jeff buckley the ramones the doors hothot heat mostly indie/alter i guess but i really cant stand rap. I just dont get it. Like how could you relax and listen to it in your gaff, mmm but i dont like pop either so i guess its just everyone has different taste
August 2nd, 2005  
behemoth79

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpl_clarke
Just because of a few crappy artists who talk about their ***** too much (EMINEM) people have judged all rap artists to be violent, rude, and stupid. But there are alot of artists out there who rap about some serious stuff. They rap about their life, their feelings, and the way they personally view the world. Its not bad, it just sounds diferent and they say f**k alot.

That jus my 2 cents though.
these few crappy artists are all mainstream. they are mainstream because people like them and pay money for their records/concerts. A majority of rap fans prefer these crappy artists because they rap about sex, drugs, and breaking the law. The term "degenerate youth" was coined in the rap era.

and chewie, ive never heard of them. which means they arent mainstream. and by them not being mainstream supports my theory that most rap fans like the crap that is put out today.

WHispering death. i agree with you 100% Rap has great beats. i have the instrumental version of In The Club. I like the beats. But what does it say about a genre of music where people like the music more than the lyrics? It doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize that rap has horrible lyrics.
August 2nd, 2005  
chewie_nz

i agree with you 100% about the mainstream part. the larger audience someone (or something) has, the more dumbed down it has to be to appeal to that larger fan base. goes for pretty much everything.
--
Boots
August 3rd, 2005  
babyboy4u363

hmm, well ive gotta say I love rap, i like freestylin, off the cuff and yes the dreaded "mainstream"
August 4th, 2005  
Missileer

"Well it's got a good beat and you can dance to it so I give it a 90."
(Only anyone over 50 can understand this)
August 12th, 2005  
Kina

well i'm a rock and heavy metal chick myself. guns n roses, motley crue, ac/dc, led zepplin, that stuff all the way to like system of a down, slipknot, and korn. some rap is ok, but overall i think it's completely overrated especially since half of them have no talent for writing what so ever. there's few real poets in the rap business.

Kina