question

Tvoi-Vrag

Banned
I forgot to ask this question It just occured to me. I am wondering do they provide you religious services of the religion you are part of? I wonder because my religion is not mainstream and I don't want to have to worry about not having services

Generally Base Chapels Offer Catholic, Protestant, Jewish and Islamic Services. On a regular basis. If you check with the Unit Chaplin he will be able to direct you to other denominations off base.

at PI, i dont know about west coast, there are quite a few differnet religious services, its called the "others" church, atleast in my PLT, and they have like 8different services.

I just want to be able to have contact with my religous leaders while in basic since that is quite a long time. How will it be possible for me to go off base during this time? I do not follow christianity, Island or Judaism so services for these religions will not work for me.

Since I don't what your faith is this is hard to answer. But if you are talking about visits, or phone calls etc. to clergy or from clergy on a routine basis......well then I don't know. In RT the Recruit revolves around the training cycle, not vise versa.

I do not care too much about that. I just hoping if everyone else gets services for their religion I will get the same privilages. Technically, I'd put down Hermetic Kabalist of the Th.A.O.I. we only have about 200 members world wide. You have to be specially accepted to be allowed in.

You really need to talk to a recruiter about this. And then it will probably have to get passed to the Depot Chaplin or higher for a concrete response as to availability for services at whatever Depot ethier MCRD San Diego or that other one on the East Coast (Sorry PI us Hollywood Marines take our shots too).

Yet again I'm having problems getting incontact with my recruiter... everytime I call it says the number has been disconnected... I've been trying to for the past few days

Why do they make it so difficult to join? I see on the news they need people I'm willing but why do they make it so hard?

Because being a Marine is not easy. The Corps wants to recruit people who can integrate themselves into the Corps. While your faith and convictions are commendable there are other factors.

If you are deployed how would that effect you?

Ok, I found out the problem was my recruiter was wrong on some things, so I found an office closer to my house and it turns out my new recruiter is a guy who goes to my gym

Back