Question for our younger members.

In my high school there is quite a bit of violence, but virtually no bullying. Virtually everyone carries a knife, but they are never used. It seems most conflicts in the school work on an, "Honor System." Meaning the fight is arranged and rules are set, like no weapons, no nut shots, and no back up. This seems to work for the most part. Like I said before there is almost no bullying, the closest thing to bullying that you will see is friends ripping on each other.

?

First off I would like to say, I just joined so I dont even know if im doing this right.Also, This question was asked quite sometime ago so i don't know if it will be of any use, but i'm a junior at my high school in washington, bullying is of course an issue, but it's not a cool thing to do, in fact most "popular" kids would help a kid getting picked on.Most bullys (at my school)are kids who think they are "popular" and/or hang out with the "popular" kids, but really no one likes them much and they more then likely just party get drunk and high all the time,not nessiasrly saying partying is bad but it seems like these guys do alot more of it then any one else, and they have no goals in life.i can think of quite a few at my school like this. But bullying is not as violent now.it's useaully just trying to humiliate a certain kid he or she doesn't like. or the other scenario is useaully the girls trying to humiliate each other to make them selves look better. but with the guys its really not as much of an issue i see it happen around the school and useaully its a short pathetic insult or shove.
so to make this long story short yes there's still bullying but i would say its not nearly as bad, not often violent and no one ever gets beat up just for being a "nerd"

bullying is of course an issue, but it's not a cool thing to do, in fact most "popular" kids would help a kid getting picked on.Most bullys (at my school)are kids who think they are "popular" and/or hang out with the "popular" kids, but really no one likes them much and they more then likely just party get drunk and high all the time,

same here at my school the only ppl who bully are kids who want to be "cool" but no one like them.

My personal experiences in bullying was my sixth grade year where s stupid rumor was started about me about halfway through. my 6th grade year was probably the worst year of my life so far, but i NEVER thought about killing anyone or myself or anything like that. The year ended i thought every one forgot about it but when 7th started up it was still there but i grew up alot during 6th grade and stuck up for myself. 7th grade soon turned into me being "cool" or whatever but i never wanted to do what ppl did to me and 7th grade turned out to be one of my best schoolyears.

At my high school it is all about who is the top dog. Everyone talks about everyone but no one real starts any thing at school because our teacher are really tough. They all take it out to the hunter's hill in Skull bone( the next town over). Everyone here owns a gun and know how to use it. No one has brought one to school(yet anyway). Most of the time no one does anything but fist fight but somtimes it gets out of control and they start to get really mad and threaten each other and one boy was shot because he said some guys girl was hot. My school is totally violent:(

Well, I go to Permian High School. Maybe you've heard of it? Friday Night Lights ring any bells? Well anyways, hazing aint changed much here, add more mexicans and blacks and there ya go. I used to be picked on 4-the begining of my freshman year. Then i finally grew a pair and quit jus puttin up with it. It took one time. This guy named... well ill jus say his last name, Peters. Well iv been to alot of different schools and moved alot. But anyways, this guy messed with me alot freshman year, then one day i got sick of it and almost had a similar plan as the guy who started this thread, we own 10 acres so i had it all planned out. Luckyily i calmed down and sufficed to beat the dog **** out of him on day. After that noone messed with me anymore.
SO, a note to all kids picked on. If you get sick of it one day and cant take it, dont go shoot up the whole school. Simply prepare yerself, teach the main bully a lesson, and continue on yer way. Dont change who you are or who you hang out with, jus do the deed and noone will mess with you after that.

Back