Question for our younger members. - Page 6




 
--
 
May 7th, 2009  
brooke01
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky2979
I'm not a young member but as an educator I would like to comment...I totally agree with you 100%,..I am a kindergarten teacher and just so you know the verbal abuse unfortunatly begins at that tender age of 5...while am teaching ABC's and 123's, I am also now, including bullying as a lesson...I see it everyday, and that is mostly due to the way parents are diciplining their children at home..most of the children often dont receive any dicipline at all and with all these new education regulations their is only so much teachers can do...Parents in my humble opinion play the most important role in how a child behave's at school,...if a child bullies he or she needs to take immediate action by his or her parents in conjuction with the teacher so that the bullying can stop..Here in Texas and the school district that I work for fortunately, has implemented the "Bullying law" which basically means that if a child is bullied at school the victim has a right to press charges, and that becomes a legal matter..I wish I could change, the world, our school system, and situations....but unfortunatly, I cannot...these experiences however, will prepare each individual to survive in the real world.....sigh..
Exactly! now adays they have laws and rules where the parents cant really disclipline the child like they need to be. Even though most parents dont disclipline their children it would help if they were able to. If a child goes to school with so much as a bruise on them they are questioning parents about child abuse. Then there is the problem with parents favoring one child over the other. My parents for example, favor my little sister. Anytime she did something wrong i was blamed and punished for it, and usually its worse than when i do something myself. I dont know what this world has come to but things need to change, for the better.
May 7th, 2009  
sky2979
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke01
Exactly! now adays they have laws and rules where the parents cant really disclipline the child like they need to be. Even though most parents dont disclipline their children it would help if they were able to. If a child goes to school with so much as a bruise on them they are questioning parents about child abuse. Then there is the problem with parents favoring one child over the other. My parents for example, favor my little sister. Anytime she did something wrong i was blamed and punished for it, and usually its worse than when i do something myself. I dont know what this world has come to but things need to change, for the better.

I totally understand,...LOL, I was a young once..and had a difficult time with my mom because I felt favortism among my siblings most times,...but you know parenting is not easy at all LOL, believe me I have 3 little ones, plus am a single mother sigh...kids dont come with instructions, (which I wish they would ha!) so as parents we just dish it out and do our darn best..looking back now on the way mom was, I am so very grateful and totally impressed on how she hadled things...one day you too will look back, and will not look at this phase in your life as being oh, not so bad Life experiences will definetly, make you wiser and you will see things in life much, much more clearer...sigh...Its a hard world baby girl,...keep your head up,,,never EVER give up on your dreams and you will do great!!! sigh...
May 7th, 2009  
A Can of Man
 
 
I remember during my younger days I'd just let my fists do the talking.
Life got hard when I realized I couldn't do that anymore.
But you're right, it prepares us for the real world. I like this thread... it reminds me of what douches people really are.
--
May 7th, 2009  
sky2979
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
I remember during my younger days I'd just let my fists do the talking.
Life got hard when I realized I couldn't do that anymore.
But you're right, it prepares us for the real world. I like this thread... it reminds me of what douches people really are.

Its amazing how we think when we're young....and life is only lessons learned...
May 7th, 2009  
A Can of Man
 
 
You know when people say children are so innocent... I wonder if these people have their eyes and ears shoved up their asses.
Adults may be bad, but children are even worse. It's why we're encouraged to "grow up" a bit.
May 7th, 2009  
sky2979
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
You know when people say children are so innocent... I wonder if these people have their eyes and ears shoved up their asses.
Adults may be bad, but children are even worse. It's why we're encouraged to "grow up" a bit.

You're right...in fact children are way smarter that what people give'em credit for...children can be mean, and cruel sometimes...but once again in all comes down to parenting....

I can't emphasize this enough....."Parents spend tons of time w/your children....and LISTEN to what they have to say"..and children and parent relationships will be better, not great, but way better..
May 7th, 2009  
A Can of Man
 
 
Kids are geniuses, but only when it comes to doing bad stuff.
That's just human nature in its purest form.
May 7th, 2009  
brooke01
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Kids are geniuses, but only when it comes to doing bad stuff.
That's just human nature in its purest form.
lol nots not always totally true though we do know way more than our parents think im a genius at both the good and the bad
May 7th, 2009  
sky2979
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brooke01
lol nots not always totally true though we do know way more than our parents think im a genius at both the good and the bad

Hahahhahahahahahahaa!!! sounds like me when I was bout' your age lol...on second thought am still a genius at being both!! ha!
May 8th, 2009  
brooke01
 
 
lol so very true
 


Similar Topics
Court Transcripts
118 active duty military members petition congress ...
Question for the future military members
Question about deceased military members abroad.
What was said on the 3rd presidential debate.