Question for our younger members.

I don't see any bullying going on in my school, then again, I only hang out with one or two people- maybe we just don't attract trouble with people. Everybody has their own little gatherings- I proved too "extreme" (offered to pay for some senior trips by shooting nutria) for one such group, but other than that I haven't had many problems.

Then again, I have had to take a few people aside and get them to stop screwing with other people.

Our disciplinary system is shot to hell, though. If I act in self defense and CURSE, for Chrissake, I get suspended for use of language. Who HASN'T cursed when they were in a stressful situation like a fight? If I act on someone else's behalf, and I get involved in a fistfight, I'm screwed again. I'm glad that the only fight I had in high school occurred off-campus.

I had problems with people in elementary school, but that stopped after I took up weightlifting and got myself in excellent shape. One of the guys that gave me trouble became a good weightlifting buddy of mine.

Last edited:
Whiskey tang foxtrot, over.

90% of the kids in my school back then lived in projects across the street. I got called cracker and whitey on a regular basis by people who thought they were hard in SECOND GRADE. I was stopped in the hall once and told to get on my knees and empty my pockets. The only thing that would get them to stop was violence, so I used it.

Better than that kid who stabbed someone in the neck with a pencil. Now that was crazy.

Edit: Now that I think about it, elementary school was WAY more violent than high school. Probably because I lived in Pittsburgh back then, but I'm going to HS in upstate NY.

Last edited:
Better than that kid who stabbed someone in the neck with a pencil. Now that was crazy.

are you joking? :shock:

and deerslayer you offer to shot nutria a lot it seems...

No, I'm perfectly serious. For some unknown reason, in the middle of class, this kid stabbed the one in front of him with a pencil as hard as he could. Really messy, though I don't think he did any permanent damage.

I'd assume he got in trouble, but I didn't check up on it or anything. I don't think second graders can get in too much trouble, unless they do something truly evil... :firedevi:

like stabbing someone in the back with a pencil as hard as you can isn't something truly evil haha...

But then again if it's not, then what would be truly evil?

Well that school in Pittsburgh was Phillip Murray public elementary school. Last time I was in Pittsburgh two years ago it was still there.

My high school (Parkersbug High School)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkersburg_High_School

Was an excellent place, I graduated this year but all three of my years there were excellent. No violence at all, good staff, good counseling staff. The counselors there truly cared about your future. It even had a job placement program for those going straight into the work force. Students there were all generally well behaved we had no major pranks and had the highest rate of AP class enrollment in the state. At least in my high-school the days of kids being bullied for being nerdy or smart, or small are long gone, everyone found their place and everyone was generally happy.

A football game. ( I am somewhere in the cluster of students in the near side)
STANDINGROOMONLY.jpg

Last edited:
My high school (Parkersbug High School)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parkersburg_High_School

Was an excellent place, I graduated this year but all three of my years there were excellent. No violence at all, good staff, good counseling staff. The counselors there truly cared about your future. It even had a job placement program for those going straight into the work force. Students there were all generally well behaved we had no major pranks and had the highest rate of AP class enrollment in the state. At least in my high-school the days of kids being bullied for being nerdy or smart, or small are long gone, everyone found their place and everyone was generally happy.

A football game. ( I am somewhere in the cluster of students in the near side)
STANDINGROOMONLY.jpg

Your football stadium looks exactly like ours!! no lie...:shock:

That is really weird. We have on of those grandstands like the one in the picture on both sides of the field. For that game it was particularly packed because we were playing the bastards from Parkersburg South. Capacity somewhere like 12 thousand or something.

That is really weird. We have on of those grandstands like the one in the picture on both sides of the field. For that game it was particularly packed because we were playing the bastards from Parkersburg South. Capacity somewhere like 12 thousand or something.

DUDE!! I don't know if it looks exactly the same on the other side...but guess what? Our rivals are Blue Springs South...Us being the Wildcats, them being the Jaguars. Yeah Im going to have to get a picture of ours this year...

Very little at my high school in the way of bullying... mostly popular ignoring unpopular...

Jeez those stadiums are huge. Watkins Memorial High School (my shool) has a stadium that seats maybe 1500.

I suffered exterme emontional abuse when in school. I lashed out around the time I turned 16 and began fighting with people who messed with me. The fights landed me in court (charges were dropped). I always let the idiot harassing me take the first swing. I won some I lost some but they never wanted a rematch and left me alone for the most part after that.

Back