A question for everyone..dont be offended,please

Lizzy

See as I said in one my previouse posts my bf is in Canada doing his C130 navigator training at the CFANS on a Challanger[Norwegian intelligence at work]. Anyways,he thinks that the few Americans that he met think he's a little arrogant because he says that Europe is better then the United States...I dont think that but he dose for some reason..anywho,just want to know how similar or different the two are..

Never been to the States and have to ask *lol*

HI,

Emmm India is a Hell Lot better than Europe ............Period ;)

You that will definately Sound Arrogent Especially if i go to Europe and Start Babbling how much better India is than Europe. :D

You should Respect the Culture and Life style of the Place you go to .....even though some of them might Sound and seem Stupid to you .

Peace
-=SF_13=-

North Korea beats all, hands down!

They have the best culture

Best political system

state of the art military

and its the safest place in the world

USA, Europe or India can't beat North Korea. :lol:

Note: Im being sarcastic

Lizzy,
It's pretty hard to describe Americans because so many are fairly new to the Country. Sure the US has a unique culture but it is not so different than many others, especially since we are you. I'm German, Dutch, and Irish that we can trace. I would, could never attempt to describe a Country by a few of it's citizens.

Hard to really answer your question Lizzy,

Its like comparing apples and oranges.

Different in lots of ways yet the same. You won't be able to really know unless you been to both (I have), there are certain things you like better about the other place and vice-versa.

The main distinct differnce that people notice that everything in the US ia alot newer than in Europe, meaning the cities and buildings, ect.

Unless of course your bf is talking about the military then I have to say the US is better.

Missileer said:
Lizzy,
It's pretty hard to describe Americans because so many are fairly new to the Country. Sure the US has a unique culture but it is not so different than many others, especially since we are you. I'm German, Dutch, and Irish that we can trace. I would, could never attempt to describe a Country by a few of it's citizens.

We are all unique...just like everyone else... :D

Only Australia has Fred, the gas station attendant that secretly rules the world and controls everything right down to the color of your toothpaste and how much weight you will gain or lose within the next year. Australia would be the best simply because Fred is there, wouldn't it??

Fear Fred!!!

SwordFish_13 said:
HI,

Emmm India is a h**l Lot better than Europe ............Period ;)

Hehe you have not been to Spain then.
:)

If I could choose anywhere on earth to retire to it would be Spain.

Geez... I've seen some holes in this world.... and the name has popped up here.

Anyways, yes Americans are the hardest to describe because the variety is just stunning. I have never been to a country full of such diverse groups such as the US.... to the point where it's almost impossible to say "Americans are like _____ ." I could do that with my own country, I could do that with many countries, but not with the US.

the_13th_redneck said:
Geez... I've seen some holes in this world.... and the name has popped up here.

Anyways, yes Americans are the hardest to describe because the variety is just stunning. I have never been to a country full of such diverse groups such as the US.... to the point where it's almost impossible to say "Americans are like _____ ." I could do that with my own country, I could do that with many countries, but not with the US.

I could say the same thing about some penninsula's but wouldnt be that rude.

The simple fact is that while people all over the world have very similar aspirations their attitudes and views vary from country to country depending on their local conditions.

I think what 13th_redneck is saying is that assimilation is the key word. In most older countries, you could hypothetically pick a person up and choose anywhere in that country to place him and he would fit in with very little problem. There would be a few local customs or dialects which would be different but, in a short time, he would assimilate.

In America, the unusual is the standard. A Zimbabwean, Australian, VietNamese, or Zulu ad infinitum will be working and living in the same city. The Muslim call to prayer can be heard in small communities and passover will be observed as well as early Mass. When I was a boy, all I saw was Anglos. Now, I see a relatively small amount in most workplaces and city parks. Welcome to America.

I think you will find cultural, religious and racial diversity is the same in most modern cities these days its certainly not peculular to the US.

I dont see your average American as being all that different to your average European in their basic desires the only difference is in the way they look at things ie the weight they give their various priorities.

MontyB said:
SwordFish_13 said:
HI,

I agree with you, Spain is a great place, where have you been? ;)

MontyB said:
I think you will find cultural, religious and racial diversity is the same in most modern cities these days its certainly not peculular to the US.

I dont see your average American as being all that different to your average European in their basic desires the only difference is in the way they look at things ie the weight they give their various priorities.

I'm afraid you missed the point entirely. Most developed countries have recently become more open to immigration but we were formed by immigrants. How can you possibly use the word average and American in the same sentence? When a measure reaches both ends of the scale, there is no average.

staurofilakes said:
MontyB said:
SwordFish_13 said:
HI,

I agree with you, Spain is a great place, where have you been? ;)

I have covered a large proportion of southern Spain (basically south of a line from Lisbon (Portugal) - Madrid - Toulouse (France)) while I liked Barcelona I actually enjoyed the Seville-Cadiz area the most.

There are a lot of countries which were not formed by immigrants that are perhaps more multicultural than the US. In India for instance, there are not only differing local dialects but many different languages in different regions. I've never been to India, but that's what I heard. If you consider the European Union as a single country (which it might become in the future) the same applies there.

My opinion from experienced is that Americans are way more lively generally. They are wealthyer, or anywyas do spend way more money than we do. Maybe they save less, but they do spend more.
They usually travel much longer distances without worrying too much.
They usually have had more jobs or have practiced more sports than we have.
They are optimist.
My view.

Back