Question: Does any other country posses Stealth Bombers?

Taha24

I don't know why, but i've always wanted to know if there any other country has a Stealth Bomber.

I'm pretty sure the B-2 Spirit is the only stealth bomber in the world, right?

But has America given it to any of our allies? I don't think so, but wanted to make sure.

I hope America keeps the techonology classified because IMO its one of our greatest advantage against other nations.

Nope. I don't think that any other country in the world possesses a Stealth Bomber (unless the Chinese made one and they're not telling us North Americans about it).

The B-2 and F-117 are examples of sucessful attempts at true stealth, because they combine several technologies to reduce or eliminate radar signature, infrared signature, visiability, and noise.

The US has never sold another country anything that is stealth related (F-117 or B-2). shoot at nearly one billion dollars a copy, why would anyone buy it?.

Only the Soviet Union really had the scientific background to attempt the faceting technology that made F-117 invisible to radar. After all it was a soviet scientist that actually proposed the idea first. We just made it better, because we had computers sophisticated enough to program the planes facets for maximum radar reflection plus retain sufficent aerodynamic shape for lift and control.

Im afraid the chineese just dont have the technological base yet for carbon forming and shaping of aircraft surfaces for some aspects of stealth. They will catch up sooner or later.

Now that there are mini-computers all over the world with the computing power to rival those first crays that helped design the first stealth aircraft, Im sure that you will see more and more countries that want them to build them.

The JSF is (going to be) a stealth plane too, and that is going to be sold to other nations.

the german airforce constructed a stealth prototype 3 or 4 years ago.
Just the hull of course. But of course there was no money to bring that plane out of the construction stadium

1217 said:
The JSF is (going to be) a stealth plane too, and that is going to be sold to other nations.

No, only an dumbed down, less stealthy version will be sold on the international market. Understandably, as many of the finer points regarding stealth is still very mutch top secret stuff.

Only the US, and perhaps the UK will get access to the standard version

Wouldnt it kinda defeat the name Stealth if everyone knew about it? :lol:

As far as I know there has not been any other country with a successful attempt at a complete Stealth. All are attemptin their own versions of them but none have been completely successful yet.

heared about some tcheck military scientists who invented a new kind of radar that is able to detect stealth planes, by using the athmospheric radiation?

Animal Mother said:
1217 said:

No, only an dumbed down, less stealthy version will be sold on the international market. Understandably, as many of the finer points regarding stealth is still very mutch top secret stuff.

Only the US, and perhaps the UK will get access to the standard version
We're supposed to get the full version, so that should include stealth.

Marksman said:
off,but i heard that metric radars can detect stalth planes
Not true, well actually, any radar can, no stealth plane is completely invisible, it's only hard to see. An F-177 would appear to be static, and in between the real static wouldn't be noticed. I remember a story about a company claiming they had a system that could spot an F-117, and they demanstrated that they could pick up a tennis bal dragged by a plane. But these guys couldn't actually detect a F-117, and that's the old model... :?

Could be true,i'm not sure but i think that it can be seen with metric one cuz metric sends wawes under a 90 deegres up and they bounce back similiary(i'm not sure again)

Sooners1 said:
Wouldnt it kinda defeat the name Stealth if everyone knew about it? :lol:

As far as I know there has not been any other country with a successful attempt at a complete Stealth. All are attemptin their own versions of them but none have been completely successful yet.

Other countries manufacure true stealth vec (i say "vec" because i cant spell it) but not aircrafts. :)

Off,some might find this offending but during this no one died.one of three f 117 that were shot down here,was landed with metric radar

Back