A Question For all the youngsters not in yet

I have no desire to become a SEAL after I join the Navy. I want to go into surface warfare, or, if I'm lucky enough to be able to get my eyes fixed, become a pilot. I'm not even in the league of being a SEAL.

nothing wrong with surface combatants LCDR_SurfWar...its been an honorable profession of arm for at least 600 years..and will be for 600 more.

The way they are going, they'll have a fix for any eye problem in a couple of years. trick is, do you really want to fly? if you do, you had better be running a second track along with surface warface education now. it comes up quick when crunch time comes.

:D

Crossrtraining Workouts - RECON and other SpecOps

Anyone that is trying to get through even the quals for Ranger, Recon,PJ's, or any other SpecOps should really look at grabbing the book called "Maximum Fitness - The complete guide to Seals Crosstraining" I may not like the author ( a little full of himself), but it is close to the training we did while I was on active duty. Remember one thing, concentrate on pullups (to help get through the obstacles), swimming (Need to be at least class 1) and running with a pack (just plain endurance) if you are looking to get even past the initial qual, at least in the Corps. In the Marines, beach swims can be the toughest. My suggestion would be that if you are going to get through the screening, make your first attempt at the end of your time a ITS, after that, you will need recommendations from your CO.

Semper Fi...

you know i skipped alot of the crap every one else said but i completly agree. after i went through airborne training i decided to go ranger but i didnt make it plain and simple.

Mark Conley said:
if you do, you had better be running a second track along with surface warface education now. it comes up quick when crunch time comes.

:D

I'm taking standard civilian flight training. Single-engine Cessnas, etc. Nothing major.

LCDR_SurfWar said:
I'm taking standard civilian flight training. Single-engine Cessnas, etc. Nothing major.

Nothing major? Actually, that's pretty impressive, particularly for a teenager. It should give you a bit of a leg up in your career...especially if you pick up some knowledge of aviation mechanics as well. Pilots may get all the glory, but a good mechanic is worth his weight in gold!

TankGeneral said:
I gotta be an Army Engineer:My dad was. I know im going to enlist:my dad, both my real grandfathers , one of my gandmothers(NOT A NURSE!), and my uncle have been enlisted and im going to carry on the tradition!

:)

Hey TankGeneral..... My bf is an engineer

Anyway..... original question was something along the lines of how do you prepare yourself??

hmmm...... My question is.... Can you really prepare yourself for what is coming?? Ever??

I'm 15. I play hockey, football, and soccer... and I workout a lot. But I don't want to be SF. I want to be a Marine. No Marine Recon for me.

actually what I meant to LCDR_SurfWar was the education aspect, not the flying. Some services require that the pilot canidate have a degree leaning in the engineering, or aeronautical engineering, or a hard degree like chemistry or physics...english majors and such dont normally get the slot if there is a hard major canidate available. Normally, the academey are heavy in engineering degrees so its not a problem. But if you are in the outside, in the civillian world, best to ensure that your degree will get you in.

:D Although, im not saying flying aint bad at all....id rather fly than chase my woman sometimes.... :D

MosquitoMan73 said:
I'm 15. I play hockey, football, and soccer... and I workout a lot. But I don't want to be SF. I want to be a plain old Marine. No Marine Recon for me.

There's no such thing as a "plain old Marine". SEMPER FI!

and why not? there are:

submarines

ultramarines

Tangarines (Tangarines? relax..he 's rolling....)

and

Supermarines (Spitfires, of course)

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Back