Question about US Army rank

Venom PL

My friend has an original US Army uniform (it’s about 10 years old) with this rank on it.
My question is ………….Is this Sergeant Major rank or something else ?

scan0006zl1.png

I was looking in the wrong place I thought that it was US Army rank but clearly it is US Air Force rank.
It looks more like Technical Sergeant rank than Air Force Staff Sergeant.

Thx tomtom22 :thumb:

On a related note, could someone please explain the difference between the various Sergents? 1st Class, Staff, Gunnery, Technical etc. Its all very confusing. Are they sub-grades, does the designation specify something particular. Do they outrank each other? is their a pay difference? etc...

On a related note, could someone please explain the difference between the various Sergents? 1st Class, Staff, Gunnery, Technical etc. Its all very confusing. Are they sub-grades, does the designation specify something particular. Do they outrank each other? is their a pay difference? etc...
Four generations of military service in your family and you don't know this?? Guess its not genetic. :mrgreen:

That Rate is a USAF Staff Sargent I think.

I get easily confused, when looking at all the enlisted rates of the USAF, all thos Stars, and Cheverons, they all blure together making it hard to reconize.

Back