A question about strength training.

Micha

Hi.

I am a 20 year old girl who has just begun my basic training in the Danish Army.
If I physically have to cope with the boys then I need some endurance and strength training. I have considered boxing training. Is it a good idea? Or are there other options. What would you propose and why.

//Micha.

If you are going for power, then mix up your exercises every two weeks or so, while constantly adjusting higher numbers of reps over time.

Weights is not necessarily the only way to do this, hard and out calisthenic exercises combined with running does wonders, also give you body what you need, (protein, water, fiber,water,sodium,water,vitamins,water,minerals,water,calcium,water) I think you get the idea...

Pick a routine that works for you, but mix it up, so your body doesn't get used to same routine and you reach what's called "plateauing" pretty much slowing your progress, do this and reach muscle confusion to force your body to adjust and grow stronger to your new routine.

And if you are mental like me, train to when your lower body is sound, try filling a backpack up with wet sand or gravel, and humping that in the midday humid Georgia sun lol

Last edited:
And if you are mental like me, train to when your lower body is sound, try filling a backpack up with wet sand or gravel, and humping that in the midday humid Georgia sun lol

Do NOT do this.
For yomping you will need to have the right technique and gear.

If you need to be able to, you will get taught at your duty station.

strenght training

If you want to worry about strength training I would focus less on the higher rep sets. Strength training involves higher weight less repetitions designed to build strength in the body area you are working. However you want endurance too, which means less repetitions and less weight than lower rep sets. endurance training is designed to build stamina so you should int rest much in between sets. You dont see power lifters cranking out 50 repetitions in 20 seconds nor do you see bodybuilders squatting a thousand pounds

hope this helped

actually, if you're looking for strengthand endurance, but not to get bigger, you need low weights and high reps. this is what i do and it's insanely effective.

Back