Question about recruitment.

About the same more or less for 3 LONG MILES. 150 to 175 for 5 miles I don't see. Basic load out in the Infantry depending on MOS can range from 120 to 180. I don't see anyone consistantly running with the wieght mentioned without a serious case of shinsplints at the very least.

I saw no harshness in what you were saying. And believe me, I know the military isn't fun. But then again, did any of you that did join go because you thought it would be fun?

I see a lot of people who joined because they thought it would be fun. I see people who joined because they thought it would be neato to run around in body armor and act like Master Chief. These people are the first ones to realize how much work it takes to be in the military.

My point was that if you are able to perform in school and choose not to, what makes me believe that you would choose to perform in the military, a difficult and sometimes tedious job? I would rather take the PVT who has little talent but applies himself 110% all the time than the one with all the talent who chooses to apply himself in the events that he likes.

Back