Question about a new gun (talking to you 5.56)

Rabs

is 350$ a good price for a "High Standard" Millspec .45 that was made in the philipenes.

Mmmmm....

You could hunt down a used Springfield Armory 1911-A1 G.I. Model for something around that price. Maybe a little more in price but not much.

High Standard has Amrscor of the Philippines make their guns. They're not known for their quality. Springfield Armory used to have some of their 1911s made in Brazil but than again. I've never seen a bad 1911 from Springfield in a loooooonnnng time. Of the two 1911s that I own, one is a Springfield Armory model. The other is a 1970s production Colt Series 80.

If I were you, I'd hold out and wait until I found a good used Springfield gun.

What's the market price for used Springfields in your area.

Last edited:
Rather than polluting with a new thread about a similar thing, I have another 1911 question.

Which do you think is of higher quality, the Para Ordnance P14-45 single-action 1911, or the Springfield GI Hi-Cap (13+1 rounds)? I have big hands, so grip diameter is not much of a problem for me, and if I get a 1911, I want it to have that kind of firepower.

I'd go with both. They are both well made firearms. It's just depending on which one oyu can get cheaper.

Back