Question about Milbucks in the "Neverending stories...&

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I know that you don't earn them when you post in there, but if you start a topic and then it gets moved to there, does the person who started the topic still earn 1 Milbuck for every person who responds? I know, it's kind of a meaningless question, but I was curious nonetheless.

EDIT': Also, "neverending" isn't one word (it can either be hyphenated or just "never ending"), so I was perhaps wondering if anyone would like to change that. It's kind of an idiosyncracy of mine, and it's slightly bothersome that every single time I go to click on it, I know that I am supporting incorrect grammar. Sorry, I don't mean to complain, but that's my honest opinion.

Redleg said:
Question #1: Nope.. :)

Question #2: It must be a very "popular" misspelling since Google returns over 2,300,000 results when you search for "neverending"
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=neverending
But I can certainly change it if it's a misspell..

Well Re: Question #1, that stinks. :( Do you think you'll ever change that? And just out of curiosity, why don't you earn Milbucks in that forum? I know you said that those threads were just "messing up" the "Chit Chat" board, but that doesn't really explain the fact that you don't earn Milbucks. Is it because you like people to have to earn their keep, so to speak, by cooperating in military related discussions, as opposed to, let's say, the "This or That" Game??? ;) haha

Q#2: This is what I found,
http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=never-ending

I almost think that "neverending" is almost a reverse oxymoron because it is almost symbolic of the definition of "never-ending". In any case, I am definitely aware that it is YOUR site, so do whatever you please! I just feel like the hyphenated version is MORE correct. That's okay though. :D Thanks Redleg!

~*Brittany*~

FutureHMSGrad said:
[I almost think that "neverending" is almost a reverse oxymoron because it is almost symbolic of the definition of "never-ending".

Actually, one is supposed to put one's period INSIDE one's quotation. Redneck may just being nitpicky, but one should always strive to excede oneself, shouldn't one?

Redneck said:
FutureHMSGrad said:
[I almost think that "neverending" is almost a reverse oxymoron because it is almost symbolic of the definition of "never-ending".

Actually, one is supposed to put one's period INSIDE one's quotation. Redneck may just being nitpicky, but one should always strive to excede oneself, shouldn't one?

Thy did not antecedently perceive the thought that a period should go inside said quotation marks when quotation marks were used for giving an example, rather than an actual instance of use in speaking, for example. Nonetheless, Brittany will research this online, and while she's at it, she'll also look up the definition of a run-on sentence and when a semicolon is necessary, just for Redneck. ;)

Brittany also wishes to remind Redneck of the fact that a quote should not include extra characters (i.e. "["), nor should it be left without "[sic]" marking the mistake, especially when the statement made by the 'quoter' is for the sole purpose of pointing out a mistake.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was fun! As a matter of fact, just got into a "Grammar War" with someone last night!

This isn't the general chit chat forum, since it is obvious you have no real purpose with your posts; thread locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back