Question about joining the French Foreign Legion - Page 8




 
--
 
May 22nd, 2018  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
I've "assumed" nothing. I posted facts, not hearsay and guesswork like yourself.
You are being silly again.

You don't assume anything? You have a short memory old chap, remember how you assumed that I was involved with the RAF Regiment despite being told time and time again I wasnt.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
It was quoted in your post, so yes, you did quote it.
Hmm show me which post


Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
The instructors are civilians from a private company and all of the facilities have been provided by the private company. RAF who?
Who trained those civi's in the first place? The RAF have been training the FAA for years including the first jets into RAF service, the Meteor for example

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
My brother is a RAF pilot and you know, he probably knows more about these things than you do.
Of course he does, he's still serving. I bet he knows a lot more then you lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Not at all, none got sacked or made redundant. They just won't replace those that leave through natural wastage.
Thats MOD speak to get rid of 200 + RM as Matelots are tradesmen and therefore have more use then RMs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
"Admiral Jones said he knew how vital the marines were as "the UK's premier high readiness contingency force", but added: "I also know we must adapt to meet the challenges of a dangerous and uncertain world."

He continued: "The Royal Marines remain bound into every part of the Royal Navy's future, from conducting sophisticated operations from the sea, at a variety of scales and against a range of threats, using our new aircraft carriers as a base, to leading the Service's development of information warfare."
An admiral can say what he likes but that dont stop government cuts.

MoD announces plan to cut Royal Marines’ specialist fighting unit 42 Commando as PM is slammed for sending ‘message of weakness’ amid Syria crisis
42 Commando is to be withdrawn from front-line duties due to a funding crisis
The prestigious unit, which is based in Plymouth, will lose 200 of its members
To change from a battle to a maritime force protecting ships and hunting pirates
Theresa May was attacked for the move by former Royal Marine Lord Ashdown
Marine A served with 42 Commando during the 2011 Helmand Province incident
By Alexander Robertson For Mailonline and George Odling For The Daily Mail


PUBLISHED: 23:12 BST, 11 April 2017 | UPDATED: 11:19 BST, 13 April 2017


Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
It's like the RAF where they got rid of all the aircraft so you have lots of pilots with nothing to fly. Remember they sacked about 100 trainee RAF pilots several years ago.
Now you are being silly, at no time was the RAF without aircraft

Thanks to Duncan Sandy (Churchills son in law) white paper that stated the time of piloted aircraft is over, led to the scrapping of AVRO (Canada scrapping the AVRO Arrow which was one of the most advance aircraft in the world at that time, and the TSR2 among others on the drawing board.

There was a super sonic Harrier developed, which flew on a number of trails, government scrapped a possible export winner.

BTW, I am well chuffed Sergeant Blackman was released from prison. BRILLIANT

May 22nd, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
You are being silly again.

You don't assume anything? You have a short memory old chap, remember how you assumed that I was involved with the RAF Regiment despite being told time and time again I wasnt.
No, I always mentioned the RAF Regt because I knew it wound you up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Hmm show me which post
Re-read your post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Who trained those civi's in the first place? The RAF have been training the FAA for years including the first jets into RAF service, the Meteor for example
I don't know who trained the civi's. They could be American or other nationalities. It's not just the FAA that are being trained by civi's, it's the RAF as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Of course he does, he's still serving. I bet he knows a lot more then you lol
Of course he knows more than I. But guess what, he tells me some of what he knows so I might know what is actually is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Thats MOD speak to get rid of 200 + RM as Matelots are tradesmen and therefore have more use then RMs
It was back Office roles which have been transferred to reservists and civi's. Those 200 RM's have been redeployed, no one was made redundant. And again, I know this as fact because I'm still involved with the RM.



Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
An admiral can say what he likes but that dont stop government cuts.

MoD announces plan to cut Royal Marines’ specialist fighting unit 42 Commando as PM is slammed for sending ‘message of weakness’ amid Syria crisis
42 Commando is to be withdrawn from front-line duties due to a funding crisis
The prestigious unit, which is based in Plymouth, will lose 200 of its members
To change from a battle to a maritime force protecting ships and hunting pirates
Theresa May was attacked for the move by former Royal Marine Lord Ashdown
Marine A served with 42 Commando during the 2011 Helmand Province incident
By Alexander Robertson For Mailonline and George Odling For The Daily Mail


PUBLISHED: 23:12 BST, 11 April 2017 | UPDATED: 11:19 BST, 13 April 2017
It was nothing to do with a funding crisis. 42 Cdo have become a maritime security force primarily focused on defending surface vessels from attack by potentially hostile boarders such as pirates rather than continuous combat operations on shore

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Now you are being silly, at no time was the RAF without aircraft

Thanks to Duncan Sandy (Churchills son in law) white paper that stated the time of piloted aircraft is over, led to the scrapping of AVRO (Canada scrapping the AVRO Arrow which was one of the most advance aircraft in the world at that time, and the TSR2 among others on the drawing board.

There was a super sonic Harrier developed, which flew on a number of trails, government scrapped a possible export winner.
The MOD scrapped all the harriers. All 36 Tornado GR4s will be decommissioned by March 2019 and 16 UK Eurofighter Typhoons are going. So what will they be flying as only a handful of F-35's are coming this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
BTW, I am well chuffed Sergeant Blackman was released from prison. BRILLIANT

But he still served time and will never be welcome at any RM event ever again. He will also never wear the uniform again. All good in my book.
May 22nd, 2018  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
No, I always mentioned the RAF Regt because I knew it wound you up.
Absolute nonsense, typical rupert, to thick to take notice


Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
I don't know who trained the civi's. They could be American or other nationalities. It's not just the FAA that are being trained by civi's, it's the RAF as well.
They might be civi's but they must have got jet training by some military organisation, and I'd bet they are ex RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Of course he knows more than I. But guess what, he tells me some of what he knows so I might know what is actually is going on. =
Of course he knows more about the RAF then you do, then again so do I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
It was back Office roles which have been transferred to reservists and civi's. Those 200 RM's have been redeployed, no one was made redundant. And again, I know this as fact because I'm still involved with the RM.
The fact is, no matter if they are redeployed or whatever, the fact is the RM's are losing those 200 men to proper matelot tradesmen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
It was nothing to do with a funding crisis. 42 Cdo have become a maritime security force primarily focused on defending surface vessels from attack by potentially hostile boarders such as pirates rather than continuous combat operations on shore
So you know more then the PM Teresa May.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
The MOD scrapped all the harriers. All 36 Tornado GR4s will be decommissioned by March 2019 and 16 UK Eurofighter Typhoons are going. So what will they be flying as only a handful of F-35's are coming this year.
The RAF don't only fly fighters old chap, but then again you claim to be an expert on the RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
But he still served time and will never be welcome at any RM event ever again. He will also never wear the uniform again. All good in my book.
I'm just glad he's out of jail. Quite frankly I don't think he's too bothered about being welcome at any RM event.
--
May 22nd, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Absolute nonsense, typical rupert, to thick to take notice
Says the RAF truck driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
They might be civi's but they must have got jet training by some military organisation, and I'd bet they are ex RAF
Yes, I already said they'd have had jet training but it won't necessarily be with the RAF. The RAF is so great, yet they don't use them to train their own pilots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Of course he knows more about the RAF then you do, then again so do I.
Do you? I've yet to see any evidence of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
The fact is, no matter if they are redeployed or whatever, the fact is the RM's are losing those 200 men to proper matelot tradesmen
As I posted previously, the jobs those 200 RM's were doing are now being done by reservists and civi's, not matelot tradesmen.

How many times do I need to tell you this? And you're calling me thick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
So you know more then the PM Teresa May.
Yes, I probably know more about the RM than the PM. I also still speak to former comrades still serving about what's going on. I also still attend RM dinners where the senior RM Officers are present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
The RAF don't only fly fighters old chap, but then again you claim to be an expert on the RAF
Yeah, they fly Hercules....Oh but they've scrapped them all.

They fly the Nimrod....Oh but they've scrapped them all.

They fly the Sentinel....Oh but they've scrapped one of them.

They fly TriStars....Oh but they've scrapped all of them.

They fly Sea King search and rescue helicopters....Oh but they've scrapped all of them and the RAF no longer do the search and rescue role.

What about the 38 RAF bases in the UK have closed in the past 20 years?




Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I'm just glad he's out of jail. Quite frankly I don't think he's too bothered about being welcome at any RM event.
He's a disgrace.
May 22nd, 2018  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Says the RAF truck driver.
Says the cannon fodder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Yes, I already said they'd have had jet training but it won't necessarily be with the RAF. The RAF is so great, yet they don't use them to train their own pilots.
Civi's would not receive jet training unless they served in a military organisation and I'd bet they were RAF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Do you? I've yet to see any evidence of that.
Ive proven to you more then a few times how lacking in knowledge you have about the RAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
As I posted previously, the jobs those 200 RM's were doing are now being done by reservists and civi's, not matelot tradesmen.
Those 200 RM's are not being replaced, they are not needed or required. So reservists and civi's can do the job of the RM's??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
How many times do I need to tell you this? And you're calling me thick.
As above And yes you are thick

Y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
es, I probably know more about the RM than the PM. I also still speak to former comrades still serving about what's going on. I also still attend RM dinners where the senior RM Officers are present.
I didnt say the PM knows more about the RM then you do, she knows more about those units which are going to be scrapped then you do numbnut.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
Yeah, they fly Hercules....Oh but they've scrapped them all.
The C130 J is still in use according to the RAF website, but due to be replaced by the Atlas400M and C17 Globe Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
They fly the Nimrod....Oh but they've scrapped them all.
Replaced by the E-3D awac Airseeker, P8A Shadow, R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
They fly the Sentinel....Oh but they've scrapped one of them.
A Senetal has been deployed to Cyprus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
They fly TriStars....Oh but they've scrapped all of them.
So they should be, they are obsolete, Probably the Globe masters will be used in place of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
They fly Sea King search and rescue helicopters....Oh but they've scrapped all of them and the RAF no longer do the search and rescue role.
There's the Griffin Chinook among others'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
What about the 38 RAF bases in the UK have closed in the past 20 years?
Roles have changed so bases have to close sad as it is

It goes to show how little you know of the RAF despite your brother still serving. BTW I hope you stand to attention and call him Sir when he address you, after all, you are a mere constable.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
He's a disgrace.
His unsafe conviction was a disgrace not him.

Never mind cabbage head keep taking the tablets.
May 22nd, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Says the cannon fodder
At least I saw action and did something useful instead of hiding behind the secure wire of the base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Civi's would not receive jet training unless they served in a military organisation and I'd bet they were RAF.
Possibly but equally they could be yank, French etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Ive proven to you more then a few times how lacking in knowledge you have about the RAF
Have you? Where? When?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Those 200 RM's are not being replaced, they are not needed or required. So reservists and civi's can do the job of the RM's??
They weren't replaced because they moved into frontline operational roles, something you wouldn't know anything about.

Yes, the reservists and civi's can do the back Office non-frontline admin roles that those 200 RM's were doing. It's really that simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I didnt say the PM knows more about the RM then you do, she knows more about those units which are going to be scrapped then you do numbnut.
And those units are RM units. Besides, the PM would delegate of that to the Defence Secretary. Trust me, I know exactly what happened to the RM units.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
The C130 J is still in use according to the RAF website, but due to be replaced by the Atlas400M and C17 Globe Master
That's the Super Hercules which I never mentioned and wasn't talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Replaced by the E-3D awac Airseeker, P8A Shadow, R1
First P8A Shadow due in service until next year.

The Airseekers are jointly shared with the US.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
A Senetal has been deployed to Cyprus
Yes, I said there was one less of them not none of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
So they should be, they are obsolete, Probably the Globe masters will be used in place of.
So that'll have been more pilots made redundant then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
There's the Griffin Chinook among others'
That won't make up the shortfall. More pilots with no work or jobs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Roles have changed so bases have to close sad as it is
Yes, the RAF is surplus to requirements. I don't see any RM bases closing. Keep the important useful bases open.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
It goes to show how little you know of the RAF despite your brother still serving. BTW I hope you stand to attention and call him Sir when he address you, after all, you are a mere constable.
But still know more about what's going on than you seem to do.

A mere constable yes, my choice as I wanted an easier life after 22 years of continuous service to queen and country. But still referred to as Captain or Capt Retd on military documentation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
I don't think he is
Thankfully plenty of people don't share your view.
May 23rd, 2018  
BritinAfrica
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt Frogman
At least I saw action and did something useful instead of hiding behind the secure wire of the base.
Something you did that was useful? Has it been resolved, is there peace in the region, have the Taliban stopped killing people? Oh yes, very useful.

Hiding behind the secure wire of a base? You might look down on those who worked on bases behind the wire, but without those people, people like you would not be able to do your job. Drivers running logistics, store men and women providing equipment and ammunition, armourers, pay clerks, cooks the list goes on, without whom you would be useless.

I was among thousands of others helping to keep aircraft in the air. I did a job and did it to the best of my ability and I am damn proud of the job I did..

I was going to answer all of your remarks, but its gone from banter to nastiness so I decided to delete the majority of this post. I cannot be bothered anymore to engage in any form of discussion with you. No you are not winding me up, you are just showing your ignorance.What respect I did have for you has gone.

Quite frankly your opinions are as worthless as you are.
May 23rd, 2018  
I3BrigPvSk
 
 
You both got it right and you both got it wrong. To get things done, you need the army.
The air force knows where the best hotels are and the marines know where the best beaches are.

But we don't need annoying traffic cops
May 23rd, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BritinAfrica
Something you did that was useful? Has it been resolved, is there peace in the region, have the Taliban stopped killing people? Oh yes, very useful.

Hiding behind the secure wire of a base? You might look down on those who worked on bases behind the wire, but without those people, people like you would not be able to do your job. Drivers running logistics, store men and women providing equipment and ammunition, armourers, pay clerks, cooks the list goes on, without whom you would be useless.

I was among thousands of others helping to keep aircraft in the air. I did a job and did it to the best of my ability and I am damn proud of the job I did..

I was going to answer all of your remarks, but its gone from banter to nastiness so I decided to delete the majority of this post. I cannot be bothered anymore to engage in any form of discussion with you. No you are not winding me up, you are just showing your ignorance.What respect I did have for you has gone.

Quite frankly your opinions are as worthless as you are.
I merely contributed to the overall ISAF effort to help make Afghanistan a better place and the world a safer place. There were positives and negatives with the outcome. The troops on the ground worked their backsides off to do their very best. The ongoing issues are due to the political decisions made.

You refer to the frontline troops who put down their lives for this country as "canon fodder", if that's not disrespectful then I don't know what is. Would you like to tell all of the families who's loved ones died in Afghanistan that they were canon fodder? Of course you wouldn't because you are happy to hide behind your keyboard.

If anyone is ignorant then it's you. If someone doesn't share your views then they are useless.

I don't care whether you have respect for me. Your opinion means chuff all to me. I'd rather converse with adults who have an open mind and don't mind others posting facts and not guesswork.
May 23rd, 2018  
Capt Frogman
 
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by I3BrigPvSk
You both got it right and you both got it wrong. To get things done, you need the army.
The air force knows where the best hotels are and the marines know where the best beaches are.

But we don't need annoying traffic cops
What did I get wrong?
 


Similar Topics
What Abou The French Foreign Legion
French Foreign Legion regiment assignation
FRENCH FOREIGN LEGION RECRUITMENT - QUERIES
French foreign legion