Question about joining the French Foreign Legion

You both got it right and you both got it wrong. To get things done, you need the army.
The air force knows where the best hotels are and the marines know where the best beaches are.

But we don't need annoying traffic cops

I didn't get anything wrong.

The army could not do the majority of the jobs on and around aircraft I and others were tasked to do.

Last edited:
I merely contributed to the overall ISAF effort to help make Afghanistan a better place and the world a safer place. There were positives and negatives with the outcome. The troops on the ground worked their backsides off to do their very best. The ongoing issues are due to the political decisions made.

Yet you looked down you nose at people like me who did a job and did it well, then when I replied in the same vein you dont like it. You think you are the only ones who did something useful. You were saying keeping aircraft in the air and running supplies isnt useful?

You throw around insults and expect me not to come back at you? The whole conversations went from banter to nastiness. When you showed up I thought good oh, we can wake this place up, then you began to get nasty.

IYou refer to the frontline troops who put down their lives for this country as "canon fodder", if that's not disrespectful then I don't know what is. Would you like to tell all of the families who's loved ones died in Afghanistan that they were canon fodder? Of course you wouldn't because you are happy to hide behind your keyboard.

Of course I have respect for those who died. I don't have respect for arrogant arseholes like you, who looks down on the jobs others do.

Its disgraceful that Government are going after people who served in Northern Ireland, some in the their 60's and 70's. Its been stated that 90% or murders in N I were carried out by the IRA, yet the IRA murdering bastards have been given a free pardon. According to figures there are still 3000 unsolved murders in N I

IIf anyone is ignorant then it's you. If someone doesn't share your views then they are useless.

No you are the ignorant one, you look down on those who were not in the front line as useless. Those people in the rear kept you supplied.

II don't care whether you have respect for me. Your opinion means chuff all to me. I'd rather converse with adults who have an open mind and don't mind others posting facts and not guesswork.

Of course my opinion means nothing to you, you are a self important ignorant and arrogant little man.

We all bow down to your superiority and awesomeness. .

Grow up:roll:

Last edited:
Back