Question about "adopting" a soldier

jillyz12

I was wondering if anyone here has ever adopted a soldier....written to him, emailed, sent packages, etc.,.....and not have it work out? I have the strongest feeling my soldier has changed his mind about being adopted, but doesn't want to tell me.

Then again, maybe I'm jumping to conclusions. That's why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance for any replies to this.

Jill

Yes...I have before when I taught in Dallas...The organization is called "Soldiers Angels"...www.soldiersangels.com... It's really an awsome organization, My class and I absolutely loved it!! Good luck!!!..

In Germany, in Cold War TImes, my family would "adopt" US or Brit soldiers to some extent, it basically meant having them around for holidays like Christmas when they had nobody to go to, etc., never had any bad experience, quite the opposite.

Rattler

In Germany, in Cold War TImes, my family would "adopt" US or Brit soldiers to some extent, it basically meant having them around for holidays like Christmas when they had nobody to go to, etc., never had any bad experience, quite the opposite.

Rattler

We do that here too....Especially during Thanksgiving....My family always adopts a couple of soldiers here in El Paso, from Fort Bliss who don't have family in the city,..they come over have a nice dinner and watch the "COWBOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" LOL...Play'aaa some Football!!! lol....hehehehehe, ...food, beer, and football makes anyone's day...lol....

Rattler

That would have been really fun.

Sky, I meant "Is she hot" not because I'm interested but for the GI on the recieiving end of the post card.

I believe that her avatar shows her sitting at her desk @ work. She is 30 years old from her profile.

Oh tomtom......thank you so much, but I'm long past 30. While I may still FEEL 30, I'll be 55 in August. You just made my day, though. Thank you!!! lol

My soldier answered my question yesterday, though. It turns out his base is super-busy suddenly since they'll be leaving Afghanistan in November. I think there are lots of loose ends to tie up. It was my fault for making assumptions....everything is good and Robert still wants to be my soldier. But since he's only 24, I'm pretty sure he doesn't find me hot. lol

Jill

Last edited:
Back