THE PZH 2000

weazel_25

Hey there guys,
i would like to know about the PZH 2000 and if anyone here has used this artillery system. i am a gunner and Australia is thinking of buying this system. ive looked up a bit of stuff on the net but i would like some personel experiences on the system.

thanks

Last edited:
On the German Army Artillery Shool next to my hometown are a couple of them stationed.
I dont have any experience with that but here is a nice report about the PZH 2000.

Operation "Medusa" in Afghanistan

gfx1.jpg

gfx2.jpg

gfx3.jpg

empty.gif
The world’s most advanced tube artillery system deployed in Afghanistan. 185 armoured self-propelled howitzers 2000 (PzH 2000) are in service with the German Armed Forces - reliable as a high-precision combat support system. In September, the PzH 2000 made its debut in its first live-fire combat mission - albeit in service with the Dutch Armed Forces during an ISAF mission in the south of Afghanistan. The fine dust of the desert settled on the olive-drab painted howitzer shortly after it was unloaded from the aircraft. Three combat-ready PzH 2000 of the Dutch Army weighing just over 55 tons each were flown into southern Afghanistan. Originally scheduled to reinforce the Dutch-Australian task force Uruzgan, two of them, immediately after being unloaded and relocated to the south of Afghanistan, started their mission in operation Medusa. In a combined operation with approximately 2,000 Afghan ANA and ISAF troops, the Dutch artillery provided fire support at ranges of more than 30 kilometers in battles against Taliban retreat locations around Zhari, Panjawayi, Pashmul and the Arghandab river. In an attack of 100 Taliban fighters on the operational base of „Martello“, the PzH 2000 proved a reliable tool also for camp protection tasks: On 5 September, the forces based in that area repelled this attack without any casualties of their own, also with the assistance of the PzH 2000. The reliability and precision of the PzH 2000 have been known worldwide for some time. Greece, for instance, has procured 24 PzH 2000, Italy bought 70 units and the Dutch forces have 57 PzH 2000 in the field

Greetz Joker

Thanks mate, that it is much appreciated.

weazel

You may want to look at the ROK K-9 thunder due to the fact that Australia does have a major interest in purchasing them. PZH2000 is quite expensive and is the major hurdle for your country at the moment.

Back