Pyotr

archangelsk: scandinavia is ripe. pluck it.

So, you assume that Putin is eager to commit an overt act of war vs NATO.

Interesting.

Seeing as how he's currently bullying Ukraine, a nation with a weak military and no strong allies. :rolleyes:

So, you assume that Putin is eager to commit an overt act of war vs NATO.

Interesting.

Seeing as how he's currently bullying Ukraine, a nation with a weak military and no strong allies. :rolleyes:

The west seeks supreme influence by placing people who are controllable into Ukraine's national office. This situation has been executed in countries like Chile, Mexico in the 19th Century, Fiji ,Haiti Libya and of course Iraq for example.

Russia is no better, the Chechnya disaster , Georgia, Afghanistan in the 80's.
What I see and hope for yet is unlikely, Is that Ukrainians can remove all foreign influence from their top levels of government, be it Moscow or Nato and forge a national government for Ukrainians, ran for once by true Ukrainians, not Washington puppets or Putin's own personal entourage. Ukraine due to it's resources and strategic location has been the victim of many occupations over the centuries so as a nation are used to dealing with overt outside influences. Just for once I hope they find their place and keep their sovereignty intact.

Russia occupies with soldiers and tanks.

The U.S. with payroll and bought out ministry officials. One is more subtle than the other but the principle is exactly the same.

Ukraine

To bad another Stepan Bandera " Hero of the Ukraine" isn't around. He gave both the Nazis and the Reds a good fight. I'm being factious. The ethic Russians that reside in the Ukraine aren't being mistreated, so I really don't know why Russia doesn't back off except for the fact that they want to make another grab for land, of which they are notorious.

To bad another Stepan Bandera " Hero of the Ukraine" isn't around. He gave both the Nazis and the Reds a good fight. I'm being factious. The ethic Russians that reside in the Ukraine aren't being mistreated, so I really don't know why Russia doesn't back off except for the fact that they want to make another grab for land, of which they are notorious.

What land grab?
The area Russia has annexed is worthless with the exception of the naval base at Sevastopol, it will cost billions just bringing the infrastructure of the region up to spec and I would suspect that the USA would have done exactly the same thing if put in the same position.

If we were really honest here I would suggest that if it hadn't been for John McCain and Victoria Nuland stirring up and encouraging unrest in the Ukraine none of this mess would have happened in the first place.

My personal suspicion is that this was an attempt to put NATO on the Russian border.

?

What land grab?
The area Russia has annexed is worthless with the exception of the naval base at Sevastopol, it will cost billions just bringing the infrastructure of the region up to spec and I would suspect that the USA would have done exactly the same thing if put in the same position.

If we were really honest here I would suggest that if it hadn't been for John McCain and Victoria Nuland stirring up and encouraging unrest in the Ukraine none of this mess would have happened in the first place.

My personal suspicion is that this was an attempt to put NATO on the Russian border.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? My point is the Russians inside the Ukraine have not received unfavorable treatment. However Russian troops indicate a level of intimidation to a sovereign independent Ukraine. I doubt that they have much trust in Russian good will.

Who knows what goes on behind closed doors? My point is the Russians inside the Ukraine have not received unfavorable treatment. However Russian troops indicate a level of intimidation to a sovereign independent Ukraine. I doubt that they have much trust in Russian good will.

I would also point out that this is not some insurgency against a legitimate government as the group running the Ukraine are at best an interim government that took over in one city, it does not necessarily represent the rest of the Ukraine.

On the whole the Ukraine looks more like some sort of feudal oligarchy than a budding democracy.

Last edited:
Back