Putin: US orchestrated conflict in Georgia

Putin is attempting to shift to anti-Americanism because the Asians (most importantly China) have refused to recognize Russia's absorption of Ossentia and Abkhasia or Russia's explanation of events.

The Pravda published this anti-American rant a week ago that I largely dismissed as extemist propaganda garbage, but if Putin is now finger wagging at us, the situation is more serious than I had previously thought.

I'll have to read more to contribute to this thread.

He's a great politician though, one of the best in Russian history. He could pull out several Bushes from his pocket in terms of intelligence, wit and vision.

It's an Old Cold War ploy. The Russians/Soviets blame the worlds ill's on the US. The US does likewise. Things like this played out for years.

Putins trying to increase Russia's sphere of influence again. He's feeling pressured by the E.U., NATO , and the US.

What scares me is that something else may be cooking in the background... This is a bit too much sword waving in less than a month's time.

And BTW, we might be having a mole within NATO. Greece, Russians' Orthodox brothers and one time historic abandoner of NATO, is seemingly aligning itself with Russia again: http://www.jamestown.org/edm/article.php?article_id=2372249

Despite the West's negative criticism on Russia and "braking off relations" with them, Greek parliament just recently voted in favor for a bill for creating the South Stream pipeline with the Ruskis. As we all recall, Greeks were also accused of leaking NATO information to the Serbians during the Kosovo/Bosnia conflict. :neutral:

Back