Putin: RUSSIA is the only country that has such weapon

FlyingFrog

Sounds like the NMD/TMD are useless money wasting..

PLESETSK - Russian rockets will soon be equipped with new technical devices. This was announced by Russian President Vladimir Putin at a press conference in Plesetsk yesterday. He said these weapons will travel at supersonic speed and be capable of hitting a target in any continent with a high level of accuracy and with the possibility of changing course while in flight. 'Not a single country in the world has such weapons at the moment,' Mr Putin claimed.
The president said the new technology was tested during the military training exercises in the Barents Sea.

'Those countries with a nuclear arsenal bear responsibility for global stability and we carry a special responsibility for maintaining security in Europe and Asia. We must therefore possess a military arsenal that meets the demands of the modern world,' he said. He added that Russia's technical and scientific potential and these new developments will safeguard the security of Russia for the long-term future.

'This means that Russia will remain one of the world's nuclear powers. Whether people like it or not, they will have to accept it,' the president said.

Related link: http://www.russiajournal.ru/news/cnews-article.shtml?nd=42617

Topol-M if I'm not mistaken.
So what every country has it's special weapon.....
Too bad it is obsolete. US has LASER countermeasures for it! :D
I think it is enough said..... 8)

About testings, I heard that a couple of missiles didn't lunch. And a couple more got out of corse.

Uncle Sam...thank you for defending that laser system...i hope it lives up to your (and mine) expectations that it can do the job 100% flawlesly when deployed.

Unfortunatly, the era of the ICBM isnt made obsolete by the lasers. It makes the removal problems of the inbound missiles easier but like all things, nothing is impossible.

Its funny how things come around. Back in 1989, after the initial break up of what was the former Soviet Union, I had a young Airman that was bouncing up and down, exclaiming that the old nuclear threat from the USSR was over, and That the US had "won" the conflict. His feces was difitnetly chilled when i told him instead of one potential problem, we now had a possibility of multiple ones, as each now independant Soviet Nation had one kind of threat or another.

Russia is just reminding the world what we really have known all along: they are still part of the nuclear club, and that they can still "participate" in their use. :D

Well I would be glad for any nation with a laser system in hand If there was a nuclear attack again. But still. The only nation that have used nuclear missiles against another country is the USA. So I don´t blame the russians to have missiles, or the North Korean, or India, Pakistan, Israel and France. I don´t know if Germany got any? :lol:

But as with all laser guided systems, a computer fault and the missile will pass the "shield" and that one was proven in 1991 when one Scud missile one of the last ones that Saddam sent away penetrated the Israel Patriot "shield" so there is lot´s of lot`s of things that can go wrong in a war. I would not be to confident when it comes to this type of technology. :? Let´s hope that we never have to experiance that one.

There will be a lot of shit in the skies if a missile intercept another one that will effect other people. Maby me I am living in scandinavia and know how it was when the Tjenobyl "blowed up." :( Could not eat elk meat, or roe deer sadle for years. No berries or mushrooms to pic eather, even the fish was contaminated. I think all nations could take thease damn missiles if their leaders had the balls to do so - and send them down under earth where they could rot for all future. War you should fight man against man and with some kind of conventional weapons. Its no honor in missile strikes or chemical weapons that is my 2 cents in this missile built up thing. Madness! The end of the cold war has proven to be as ineffective as the different leaders of the world still are. There is no end of wars. There are only an continuation :roll:

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

Well... I don't agree with you in that everyone should have ICBMs..... In my opinion only one eventually two countries should be allowed to have, of course the most powerfull nations.......
And I think Germany is forbidden to have them, since they were the guys two start both WW..... 8)

Uncle_Sam said:
Well... I don't agree with you in that everyone should have ICBMs..... In my opinion only one eventually two countries should be allowed to have, of course the most powerfull nations.......
And I think Germany is forbidden to have them, since they were the guys two start both WW..... 8)

what two nations??

Well, I meant primarly 1, simply of avoiding another WW with cataclismic consenquences.....
Well of course USA and let's see..... Buthan :lol:

I still think no more missiles no more missile defenses 8)

Tjenobyl "blowed up." Could not eat elk meat, or roe deer sadle for years. No berries or mushrooms to pic eather, even the fish was contaminated. I think all nations could take thease damn missiles if their leaders had the balls to do so - and send them down under earth where they could rot for all future.
;)

Cheers:

Doc.S

but doesnt putin want to form a left wing government (sorry cant remember source) would that mean a new soveit threat to the world ?

Good afternoon granie: I noticed that you havent went to the welcome site yet. could you go over and tell us a little bit more about yourself?

Anyhow, are you suggesting that Putin wants to reform the Soviet Union? Cause thats about the only way we are going to get a soviet threat out of the deal. kinda picky, but.... :D

granie said:
but doesnt putin want to form a left wing government (sorry cant remember source) would that mean a new soveit threat to the world ?

No, luckily there is no more russian threat :D

Russia is only busy with recovery from the ussr collapse, it will take them at least 20 years to reach the current level of Korea.

Russia population is less then 1/2 of usa, and their GDP is even less than S.Korea. Without a good and healty economy, you cannot feed a strong military at all, that is also the reason why ussr went down.

yes but it aint many countrys stronger.... And btw think about China before you post something about Russia..

Doc.S said:
Well I would be glad for any nation with a laser system in hand If there was a nuclear attack again. But still. The only nation that have used nuclear missiles against another country is the USA. So I don´t blame the russians to have missiles, or the North Korean, or India, Pakistan, Israel and France. I don´t know if Germany got any? :lol:

But as with all laser guided systems, a computer fault and the missile will pass the "shield" and that one was proven in 1991 when one Scud missile one of the last ones that Saddam sent away penetrated the Israel Patriot "shield" so there is lot´s of lot`s of things that can go wrong in a war. I would not be to confident when it comes to this type of technology. :? Let´s hope that we never have to experiance that one.

There will be a lot of shit in the skies if a missile intercept another one that will effect other people. Maby me I am living in scandinavia and know how it was when the Tjenobyl "blowed up." :( Could not eat elk meat, or roe deer sadle for years. No berries or mushrooms to pic eather, even the fish was contaminated. I think all nations could take thease damn missiles if their leaders had the balls to do so - and send them down under earth where they could rot for all future. War you should fight man against man and with some kind of conventional weapons. Its no honor in missile strikes or chemical weapons that is my 2 cents in this missile built up thing. Madness! The end of the cold war has proven to be as ineffective as the different leaders of the world still are. There is no end of wars. There are only an continuation :roll:

Cheers:
Doc.S

Yup, it was fun, NOT! hehe

And yes Germany is banned from having weapons of mass destruction since, because of the war.

behemonth missle from US... i think its much more powerful than this since its claimed to be second largest destruction missle next to nulcear bomb...

FlyingFrog said:
Snauhi said:
yes but it aint many countrys stronger.... And btw think about China before you post something about Russia..

Well, China's GDP is more than 4 times bigger than that of Russia, well Chinese population is 8 times bigger :D

And:

The New York Times Magazine:

The Chinese Century :D

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/07/04/magazine/04CHINA.html?ex=1090005058&ei=1&en=9a341c096b403be1

yeah bit what are they doing with that money?

one disaster and lost of people are daying

Back