Purple Heart Forever stamp

tomtom22

Chief Engineer
Purple Heart Forever stamp needs support from veterans

Submitted by hsoria on Thu, 10/09/2008 - 8:43am.

Thursday, October 9, 2008

Earlier this year, Rep. Peter King, R-N.Y., and Sen. Hillary Clinton, D-N.Y., introduced a bill in Congress to create the Purple Heart Forever stamp, eliminating the need to keep reissuing such stamps with specific postage rates. As long as the U.S. Postal Service must decide whether to reissue the stamp, it may eventually be retired from circulation.

The Perpetual Purple Heart Stamp Act sought to create a stamp that would forever honor U.S. servicemembers killed or wounded in combat. The American Legion endorsed the legislation.

See the full article here: http://www.legion.org/onlineupdate/1771/purple-heart-forever-stamp-needs-support-veterans

Why should anyone care about a stamp? What good is it going to do for anybody? Is the money going to support veterans' health or benefit veterans in any real way? I guess it's a nice idea but I can think of a lot of other ways to support veterans, but a stamp? Besides, there already is a forever stamp,
Forever Stamp

Why should anyone care about a stamp? What good is it going to do for anybody? Is the money going to support veterans' health or benefit veterans in any real way? I guess it's a nice idea but I can think of a lot of other ways to support veterans, but a stamp? Besides, there already is a forever stamp,
Forever Stamp
What you say is a great shame, however it is unfortunately true.

Being a serviceman is not something that constantly needs to be rewarded, it should be a normal expectation of all military aged persons. The people who do deserve recognition are those who suffer, or have died as a result of their service to their country. They need far more than a reminder stamp.

This is just my view.

Back