Purchased another Shotgun (I'm getting pretty bad)

--

September 24th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Topic: Purchased another Shotgun (I'm getting pretty bad)

I went to the gun show excepting to buy a thirty dollar stock for my Remington 870. I came out with a two hundred and thirty eight dollar Chi-Com Winchester 1897 Riot Shotgun Clone.......

Yeah, I hate buying Chi-Com crap but this gun was a steal. I always carry my Blue Book of Gun Values and the listed price for a 100% Condition Norinco Model 1897 Riot Shotgun is $275. This one was tagged at $259. I was able to talk the dealer down to $220. SO after the $5 Background Check Fee and the 7% Sales Tax. It came out to a total of $238.

It's not the smoothest shotgun action. Real Winchester are much sweeter but they also go for over a $1,000 in new condition. I wanted one for a long while for both WWII Reenacting (Riot and Trench Guns were issued) and also for Cowboy Action Shooting. SASS Rules state that I must use firearms that were designed before 1900. The 1897 Riot Shotgun was one of the original designs. The Trench Model came out during WWI.

I've been smoothing up the action. Took it apart and cleaned it up. Also working the action a couple thousand times will smooth it up because all of the nicks and burrs and worn down. Later I will apply some Flitz Metal Polisher and work the action for a couple of hours (Watching a good movie or two). That will really smooth it up.

Oh, before I forget. This clone is like the original. It does not have the trigger disconnector like a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500. That means as long as I hold the trigger and work the action. The weapon will fire. Picture six 00Buck being fired under the span of two seconds..... ;D

Real pictures coming soon...
September 25th, 2007  
A Can of Man

Man... this borders on being some kind of disorder!
September 25th, 2007  
mmarsh

Shame on you for buying a Chi-Com knock-off. Shame, shame, shame.
Frankly I wasn't even aware Chi-Com made a copy, then again what have they NOT copied?

Had it been me I would have gone for an M1 Carbine, M1 or even a 1903A4 Springfield with a 2.2x Weaver scope. But thats just me. I don't like Shotguns much (I dislike the kick), I prefer the simplicity of the bolt action rifle.
--
September 25th, 2007  
A Can of Man

Personally never been a huge fan of the shot gun either. I guess I just prefer to have a longer reach.
September 25th, 2007  
Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_13th_redneck
Personally never been a huge fan of the shot gun either. I guess I just prefer to have a longer reach.
Are you a fan of M1014 Combat Shotgun or Benelli Super 90 M4? heh

Nice shotgun, 5.56. Waiting on your real pics. heh
September 27th, 2007  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.56X45mm
Oh, before I forget. This clone is like the original. It does not have the trigger disconnector like a Remington 870 or Mossberg 500. That means as long as I hold the trigger and work the action. The weapon will fire. Picture six 00Buck being fired under the span of two seconds..... ;D

That was gonna be my question. All I can say is .......Sweet.
September 28th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox
Are you a fan of M1014 Combat Shotgun or Benelli Super 90 M4? heh

Nice shotgun, 5.56. Waiting on your real pics. heh
Soon... I will have a Benelli M4 Shotgun. I have two M1 Super 90s. One in Twenty Gauge and another in Twelve Gauge.... Great damn shotguns.
September 28th, 2007  
major liability

I've always been a fan of the Saiga-12 shotgun, basically a 12 gauge semi-auto Kalashnikov. If I had the dough, I'd DEFINITELY shell out for one of these Tromix modifications.

http://www.tromix.com/Welcome.htm

It's a real shame they're not allowed to import the Saiga-12 SWAT version made in Russia, it has a bolt hold-open device and a magazine guide so you don't have to rock 'em in like on every other AK. I'm told that is a lot harder with shotshells.
September 30th, 2007  
5.56X45mm

Topic: WHAT A DAMN PIECE OF CRAP

PIECE OF COMPLETE CRAP

IT JAMMED AND THE REAR RECEIVER PIN SNAPPED IN HALF. THIS WAS WITHIN LESS THEN FIVE SHOTS. I HAVE ALWAYS SAID THAT BUYING CHI-COM NORINCO MADE GUNS WERE A WASTE OF MONEY AND I STAND BY MY COMMENT. I MADE THE MISTAKE OF GIVING NORINCO A SECOND CHANCE. I WAS WRONG.
October 1st, 2007  
major liability

Epic failure! Their SKSes are pretty decent, though.