pull out, or stay in?

Pull out, or stay in?

• pull out

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • stay in

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Lets see, if the US pulls out of South Korea, North Korea will invade the south; then the US will have to go back to South Korea to help them fight. So in the end the US should just stay in South Korea

US presence is needed in the Pacific. North Korea isn't any kind-hearted country. Just think of that... it starves its own people..

Pull out!!!! We do not have any reason to be in Korea. If the North Koreans wanted to attack south Korea they would do it and it doesn't matter if we are there are not. North Korea could obliverate the American forces that are in South Korea in a matter of minutes with all of the arty the have pointed at our post in South Korea.

The primary reason we're there is because if the North wants to invade, they will be directly attacking US troops. That means that no matter how successful that invasion is, the US (with its very potent military) is automatically committed the moment the invasion happens. That is currently the #1 deterent to the North invading.

IMO, we have ever bit of business being there until we are asked to leave. Why hand over a very prosperous South Korea to a North Korean rule that would completely ruin everything they've accomplished anyway?

Sadly the only formula for a positive reunification of the two Koreas is for the Communist regime of the North to somehow lose power, the two halves merge, the US and company pull out completely, and China would have to make some unbreakable agreement to never invade. Pretty unlikely.

Pull out!!!! We do not have any reason to be in Korea. If the North Koreans wanted to attack south Korea they would do it and it doesn't matter if we are there are not. North Korea could obliverate the American forces that are in South Korea in a matter of minutes with all of the arty the have pointed at our post in South Korea.

You underestimate the 2nd ID :twisted:

PULL OUT, the South Koreans dont even like us, so why should we help them if thier just going to act all pissy at us. They dont like us, i dont think we should help. :evil:

All that would have to happen is the Korean people would have to pressure their government into formally requesting the removal of US troops. I don't know if the Korean people at large are completely confident of their ability to go it alone. That's why that hasn't happened yet.

They certainly ARE of the opinion that we are provoking the North, but that's another matter completely.

I think much of the younger South Koreans have come to see the USA as oppressors, and unfortunately are not aware of the horrors of the North, and are thus tempted to want to learn more about what they have never experienced.

I guess that seems awfully silly to me. All they gotta do is ask somebody old enough to remember.

Child: "Grandpa, during the war, did the North conduct mass executions of South Koreans, leave them tied up with barbed wire and leave their bodies piled in trenches?"
Grandfather: "Yes."
Child: "Oh, okay thanks."

What's hard about that?

yea, i guess the younger generation doesn't know much about 'Kim Jung Ill?' but i still don't get why they dont like us, we are their only lifeline, without us, their dead.

Well half the planet doesnt like the United States, so the South Koreans should get over it. Without us another full scale war would start.

Yup It's kinda amazed me they hate us so much, and how much they oppose the wars in the middle-east. I think they'd understand how well democracy works! Ah, but past deeds are just that, I suppose. But I bet if you polled the south civilians, they would say "yes" to a US pull-out. I'm betting they think they're the hot stuff.

their acting like we ow them a favor, i dont get it, you know, we saved them in the korean war, so they ow us a favor. their just like, "oh, stay in even though we hate u", why should we stay in? :evil:

Back