PT

FULLMETALJACKET

MilForum Bad Apple
How often, and what do you do during your ROTC PT, i have PT in about 10 minutes because i am on the school computer :lol: but we do different obstacle courses, and different scenarios, along with push ups, pull ups, and sit ups.

FL-931st AFJROTC
HOOAH!

Well considering it's Sea Cadtes, you have units that don't PT, and then you have units that PT! IN my unit we Have PT! although this one petty Officer was humping the ground the whole time during pushups.

ha. i bet you couldn't stop laughing, we have AFJROTC and mon or thurs we wear our uniforms, and thursday or friday we PT...

For AFROTC here at LSU we have PT a mandatory two times a week from 6:00AM-7:00AM. Generally we'll run a mile and half to two miles and have callisthenics for the rest of the time. Really it depends on who's PT Officer that semester.

cool. what is the perishing rifles? i enjoy doing PT, especally stuff that has to do with teamwork. also next weekend is our flight challenge and ill be on the 6 man obstacle course team. :lol:

Pershing Rifles is a National Honor Society founded by General John Joseph Pershing in 1894. Here at LSU we are the Colorguard/Honorguard for the Baton Rouge area. Here we are LSU's drillteam and compete at the Pershing Rifles National Convention each year. We host the Pershing Rifles Invitational Drill Competition (PRIDC) at LSU each year. Lastly, we colorguard for the Football games at Tiger Stadium when the National Anthem is played. Nationwide there are something along the lines of 650 Pershing Riflemen. Famous Pershing Rifles alumni include Colin Powell, Curtis LeMay, and James Earl Jones (Voice of Darth Vader).

The requirements to be a Pershing Riflemen vary a little between Universities. Here at LSU for example, you're required to have been a member of the Corp of Cadets for some time period. In order to be inducted, you need to pledge for four to five months and go to 8-9 pledge meetings. Here at LSU, we generally weed out 75%-85% of those who pledge.

We do PT when in BDUs, and civvies for CAP. The favorites, among the staff :D , are square pushups, chain pushups, running up and down hills, indian runs, suicides, pushups, flutter kicks, combat crawl, the list goes on.

Thanks. We do it every wenday we run about a 4 mile trail and during it we do alot of ab workouts like everytime we stop he has a do a hundered sit ups and 20 push ups. then at the end of the trail we had to do some hard :cen: leg work out then we have to run alllllll the way back to the recruiting station. so yeah i would say we would get a better work out.
in DEP you sign your life away a year early and the day or next(not sure) you have 365 days till you ship off to boot camp.

Back