PT

Well, most cadets in our squadron dislike drill alot. I enjoy it, and would enjoy it more, if a certain lieutenant would stop tearing us down if we make itty bitty mistakes. In our books, I do believe you are supposed to tell them what is wrong, HELP THEM and then see if they correct it and do iit properly. But he just sits there and tears into them for messing up on a movement. ARGH! :evil: But in PT, slackers have more assignments than just drill, u know, cleanup, which includes washing windows, sweeping, just chores. Does anyone have a problem with just a couple of cadets who don't really care about PT, and don't even try to do it? How do you deal with these cadets. We have tried giving them chores and such, but it doesn't work. How do you get them to focus on passing their PT tests?

There is nothing you can do.. I have a couple of cadets in my Flight that just dont dress out for PT and thus,dont do it... I ahve tried positive motivation, yelling at them, giving them promotions, demoting them...nothing works. I have just resigned myself to the fact that there are some people that just wont do PT.

I was disppointed that Naval Science 4 wouldn't do PT. I really likes PT very much.

I just dont like it cause its the same thing over and over and over again...Push ups, sit ups, run. Repeat.Repeat and so on... Knock out drill is a competitive thing that varies a little..

Never heard of Knock Out Drill. Sounds somewhat interesting. Usually, we do Combat PT, where anythng and everything can be (and usually is) used to make obstacles.

Just outside of my barracks here, there's a powerbox that's very low on the ground. After combat PT, we always dove on top of that, and crawled over it.

Knock out drill is where you all get in formation and then drill movements are called as rapidly as possible to confuse you...If and when you mess up a movement, you are called out... last one standing wins that round...Its alot of fun.. Combat PT sounds fun too, all we do is flag football...

Knock out drill sounds interesting. I'm sure that at my old Squadron, we'd have lost almost 3/4 of the Squadron by the 5th command, senior Cadets included.

I didn't like knock out drill. I was the last one standing all six times I participated in it. I was almost fooled by the "editor"(whom I now work with as the SET/Eval team) but didn't work. PT is better because, though it can be mundane, the intensity can be changed. :D

knock out drill is called IDR. individual drill routine, i usually place first in my class, they give commands and false commands.

Thanks for that F.M.J... Yea...it was so funny yesterday. We were getting in formation and the first command called was a false one.."right turn" and about 97 % of the people turned right...It was hilarious..

Ha! yea, our Flt Sgt will give funny commands like present hand and order face. um, looks like your doing good in your ROTC im just an airmen, but i made squad leader recently so im happy :eek:

FULLMETALJACKET said:
Ha! yea, our Flt Sgt will give funny commands like present hand and order face. um, looks like your doing good in your ROTC im just an airmen, but i made squad leader recently so im happy :eek:
I was a squad leader when I was a E-3. :)

FULLMETALJACKET said:

congrats on the promotion dude. Yea Im doing alright, hopefully I will get Saber Team Deputy Commander and become the only Officer in AS 1...that would be awesome.

Back