PT

what all do yall do for your PT like push ups pull ups dips miles you run and how often do you do it like everyday? what do you do if you dont do it everyday

rifle pt is a b :cen: , but its fun if your into pushing your limits...(extremely hard to run w/ an m14 above your head for a 1/2mile...)

rotc boy said:
rifle pt is a b :cen: , but its fun if your into pushing your limits...(extremely hard to run w/ an m14 above your head for a 1/2mile...)

Yeah I just did rifle PT for the first time like last week, its really tough. But it was a good break from regular PT

I don't think I should get into the PT that we did here at RMC during First Year Orientation...

One afternoon, we had 3 hours of Combat PT where we carried stretchers loaded with 4 full jerry cans of water up a local hill (about....10 times), ran around using every single object that we could find as an obstacle to climb over, under, through, etc...

And at the end of it all, we jumped into Lake Ontario with all of our uniform on. Boots and all. My Section Commander almost lost his position because of it, actually.

Just a question, there's this kid who a few of us want thrown out, he's "a kid" a fifteen year old PO2. He's done too much shit, but the question is what do you do with a person in a leadership position can't PT for :cen: .

Sea_Cadet said:
Just a question, there's this kid who a few of us want thrown out, he's "a kid" a fifteen year old PO2. He's done too much shit, but the question is what do you do with a person in a leadership position can't PT for :cen: .

He's not hurting any of you and from what you said he's contributing to the program. So he can't PT and probably won't join the military. But he probably enjoys the program and would resent being forced out. Does his being in the program hurt you? Or do you want him out simply due to spite?

PershingOfLSU said:
Sea_Cadet said:

He's not hurting any of you and from what you said he's contributing to the program. So he can't PT and probably won't join the military. But he probably enjoys the program and would resent being forced out. Does his being in the program hurt you? Or do you want him out simply due to spite?

We've got a lot of guys here at RMC who I know can't do any PT, but they're still in leadership roles. So what if they can't run? If they've got the potential as a leader for other things, let them go for it. Telling someone to get out of the program simply because they can't do a few pushups or run a mile isn't exactly grounds for anything...especially since it's only a Cadet Program. If this was the actual Military, then I'd be bit concerned.

I just wonder sometimes why these guys even join the cadet programs. Seriously, there is a kid in my class that sounds like this and more. He doesnt wear the uniform correctly, doesnt dress out on PT days, and hardly ever does drill moves right. Not only that but he never ever turns in a homework assignment. Why join the programs if you know you're not going to do it right?

Well....if there's people like that, I say get rid of them. More than likely, they're only there because their parents told them to go. That's how it was for a lot of Cadets in my old Squadron.

There's nothing wrong with someone who at least tries to get stuff done, but the minute they start to slack off and just don't give a :cen: , that's when you start with the release forms.

That works. Here at RMC, we usually give the slackers extra drill, PT, duty, inspections, etc...

Sadly, many people know their way around the system (most of them are barmen...go figure), and don't get nailed for slacking.

See my program is school oriented, so Im not allowed to get rid of em. All I can do is give em as many demerits as I can. But thats about it,I am not allowed to give work duty, extra PT or anything. Its a bunch of bull :cen:

unfortunately, we just switched principals and the current one doesnt think that AFJROTC is very important. She took out the Marine Corps ROTC and the Navy ROTC as well. She isnt very respected within the military community in all of our city, but you gotta suck it up i guess... Anyway, the thing thats sad is that i am a Cadet Chief Master Sergeant and I have equal or lesser authority than a common Airman.

Back