PT in CAP

fronzz said:
USAFAUX2004 said:
alliehz said:
CadetGirl605 said:
fronzz said:
and you need to be an airman to get it.

Well from what I am hearing, their Sq. has 12 yr olds run the show at airman and let them break all rules. he reminds me of the 12 yr old 1st Lt in Ohio, only i guess the ohio kid has a brain in his head. However it is not allowed for cadets to yell at other cadets. Please give me a number or an e-mail so I can help. I cant stand when things like this happen

And which SQ. might that be?!!

sq. 605

nulli secundus said:
Congradulations, I hear a lot of men are male. Where in the world did you get the idea you were called a girl?

That.

That was harsh. First off, she might be too busy, and second, haven't you heard? she comes from a corrupted Sq

alliehz said:
And for the last time, don't say NO yelling. That statement is an absolute, and last I checked you need to yell when you drill, call a room to attention, or when you are motivating your cadets. I would like to see a unit ran by staff that talks all the time...

*steps off soap box*

But not yelling to put the cadets to shame, to motivate, not to make the problem worse

Ok, this is what I was talking about when I said "she". I wasn't talking about you fronzz, sorry if you thought I did.
CadetGirl605 said:
I hate PT (physical training) i can't pass it. I know i can run the mile because i do it in gym every year. I'm just not sure that i can do it every month. The guys in my squadron don't help because they just laugh at everything I do wrong. So now i can't go on any CAP activities until i pass PT...what do i do? :evil: :(

Cadet Staff Sergeant said:
you cant pass PT? In Civil Air Patrol!!!! Ha!!

PS No yelling kids

US Air Force!!!!!! We are cool!!!! Paperwork is dangerous!
fronzz said:
Are you calling me a girl?!! I AM A MALE!!!!!!!!!!!

USAFAUX2004 said:
alliehz said:
And for the last time, don't say NO yelling. That statement is an absolute, and last I checked you need to yell when you drill, call a room to attention, or when you are motivating your cadets. I would like to see a unit ran by staff that talks all the time...

*steps off soap box*

But not yelling to put the cadets to shame, to motivate, not to make the problem worse
I wont try to decipher that.

To say no yelling at all is an absolute like I said before, but the reality is there will always be a time when we have to yell. I think the meaning of "yelling" and "chewing out" is getting mixed up here.

alliehz said:
Ok, this is what I was talking about when I said "she". I wasn't talking about you fronzz, sorry if you thought I did.
CadetGirl605 said:
I hate PT (physical training) i can't pass it. I know i can run the mile because i do it in gym every year. I'm just not sure that i can do it every month. The guys in my squadron don't help because they just laugh at everything I do wrong. So now i can't go on any CAP activities until i pass PT...what do i do? :evil: :(

PS No yelling kids

US Air Force!!!!!! We are cool!!!! Paperwork is dangerous!
fronzz said:
Are you calling me a girl?!! I AM A MALE!!!!!!!!!!!
You are forgiven.

I don't care what you think i can pass PT (just not yet) i've only been in CAP for a few months and last time i did take PT was in Feb. and we ran in snow, mud, and ice! It was so cold i got sick. I missed 3 days of school because i got so sick so don't be sayin those things! And i am too busy to be paying any attention to those things unlike you i actually have a life! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :rambo: :rambo: :twisted: :twisted:

CadetGirl605 said:

I don't care what you think i can pass PT (just not yet) i've only been in CAP for a few months and last time i did take PT was in Feb. and we ran in snow, mud, and ice! It was so cold i got sick. I missed 3 days of school because i got so sick so don't be sayin those things! And i am too busy to be paying any attention to those things unlike you i actually have a life! :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :rambo: :rambo: :twisted: :twisted:
I am glad that you have a life... I don't :cry:

airmanpatroler said:
CadetGirl605 said:

Lol, welcome to the club

USAF Chief i suggest you go back to your doolittle chapter and understand the meaning of motivation and a better way to motivate other. And the reason you don't worry about PT is because your going into the Air Force where the only thing you have to worry about is getting the coffee for your general.

And for the girl that can't pass PT, you can. Take time and train yourself, you are the number one motivator in your life, if the others are looking down on you and saying this stuff during PT then work your way up the chain of command and get the situation taken car of.

If there is anymore problems or you need anymore help just ask.

People, be careful when you quote some one. Things get chopped up and people who read it can get confused some times. I think that happened here...

Lets see if I can clear things up before someone like blows a fuse.
This guy was taring down CadetGirl when he said this....
So CadetGirl responded with this in her defence.
CadetGirl605 said:
So, then after that airmanpatroler was commenting on the fact that Cadetgirl is lucky to have a life. I have a feeling he was joking around about the fact that most CAPers don't have lives outside of CAP again. So he said this...
airmanpatroler said:
After he said that Michael said
USAFAUX2004 said:
Lol, welcome to the club
He wasn't trying to motivate her, he was just joking around with his buddy.

So the only people that need to go back and check their motivation skills are Cadet Staff Sgt and that General dude. But I have a feeling they don't care and I don't think they are in CAP. But they haven't really said anyways...I think they are just lurkers that like to annoy people when they get the chance. People like that will pop-up every now and then, but they are pretty much punks with no lives...so yeah.

allie i got a AIM acount AEcoronagrl6 if your ever online, i want to talk to you more about the encampments, that one cadet, and cap in general.

CAP_FOXTROTgrl6 said:
allie i got a AIM acount AEcoronagrl6 if your ever online, i want to talk to you more about the encampments, that one cadet, and cap in general.
Ok....but I'm not on AIM so PM me.

I like PT at CAP my cadet makes it fun, mostly for those cadets that are out of shape or need some help with training. We do the PT test 2 times a month whenever we can.

CadetGirl605 said:

Join a sports team or find a gym trainer. Or you can follow a modified Rickmanator workout:

Monday, Wednsday, Friday: 3 sets of 7 pushups, 3 sets of 10 crunches, 3 sets of 1 pullup for a month. After that, continue to increase at your own pace until you can do 3 sets of 15 pushups, 3 sets of 30 crunches, and 3 sets of 5 pullups.

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday: Run as far as you can. Then stretch liberally and run home.

Every day, including sunday: Drink 64 ounces of WATER(note, I said WATER) plus whatever you put away during a good sweaty workout.

And now that I think about it, I actually did fail a PFT once. It was the sit and reach what done me in!

PT really isnt that hard. All it takes is practice. When I first joined army cadets I thought to myself, "How can anyones body handle this kind of punishment!". So I started to train myself. Go for a run every once and awhile. You dont have to run to the next state or anything but run until you can really feel that your body is working itself. But be sre not to over do it, otherwise youll be too sore to do it again and youll just keep putting off your next run. Do push-ups every day. More than 25 is un-neccesary. Also about 50 sit-ups. Once again, any more really isnt neccesary. Now I dont know what exacty is included in your PT tests but in mine we have to do standing long jump. I always used to fail that. Set up a tape measure in your driveway and practice.

To sum up all that I've said : Practice and Repetition.

Thats all it takes.

Ok i didn't know this until today but if i don't pass PT this week Lt. Momich says i'm done. She is gonna kick me out! I've only been in CAP for a couple months and i know i haven't passed PT but once but i don't wanna quit yet. O yeah to make it worse (don't laugh...) I broke my :cen: toe on vacation and i can barely walk on it. My parents won't take me to the doc cuz we know its broken but they said the dc. couldn't do anything about it soo i guess i'm done with CAP cuz there is no way i'm gonna be able to run the :cen: mile. I hate my squadron so much. The only good part about them kickin me out is my friend/fellow cadet is gonna file a complaint because he thinks it is bull :cen:. I am so pissed off rite now its not funny!!!!! :firedevi: :firedevi: :firedevi: :firedevi: :firedevi:

They can't kick you out of CAP for that, that is against CAP regulations. What they can do is not promote you. If they have a problem with that, then tell they to go read there manuals and regulations again. If you unable (diablility) to carry out PT at CAP you are a class B cadet. which means that you don't have to participat in PT, and you can still test and still get promoted. Otherwise not doing PT you wouldn't be able to do PT. there is nothing you can do for a broken toe, but to not do PT in CAP you will need a doctors note saying that it is broken...that will allow you to be classified as a class B cadet, therefore now you CAN get promoted and at the same time not have to do PT!!! so maybe your broken toe is a good thing after all. and remember just train yourself and keep up the good work. they have no right, no ability to kick you out of CAP because you can't do PT.

Back