PT-91 Ex and CV90 120T will be shooting in Poland

Venom PL

PT-91 Ex and CV90 120T will be shooting in Poland
by Janusz Walczak
Friday, October 5, 2007

walczak_m.jpg

Presented at MSPO Fair in Kielce, first time in Poland, tank CV90 120T did not return to Sweden, but went directly to ZM Bumar-Łabędy - in accordance to an agreement signed with the BAE Systems Hagglund company.

The vehicle has been subjected to a detailed review by the engineers from Gliwice in order to start a conceptual work on a design, which could become a Bumar's contribution to an international project of a support tank based on the CV90 120T design. To learn about its traction and maneuvering capabilities the Łabędy test crew has performed many trials of this tank at the company training grounds.

walczak_d.jpg

In the middle of October a shooting demonstration of CV90 120T and PT-91 Ex tanks will take place at the Drawsko Pomorskie training grounds, to present some capabilities of those tanks to representatives of Land Forces. The tanks will shoot with at least 10 cumulative shells, from stationary positions and in motion, to targets at the distance of 2000 meters.

Source: http://www.redakcjawojskowa.pl/gazet...8466&Itemid=35
Translated by MZ

CV90120T and PT-91M tanks presented at Drawsko

Update:

CV90120T and PT-91M presented at Drawsko
2007-10-16

On October 16-17, 2007 the Grupa Bumar, ZM Bumar Łabędy and BAE SYSTEMS Hagglunds presented capabilities of PT-91M (SP2) and CV90120T tanks at the Drawsko Pomorskie training grounds. Among the invited guests were reporters and representatives of the Land Forces Command. The demonstration involved shooting with the training sub-caliber shells 120 mm APFSDS-T-TP L1 120 – L44, manufactured in cooperation with ZPS Pionki, FPS in Bolechów and ZM Kraśnik; and 125 mm shells with the training sub-caliber projectile TPSD-T, manufactured by ZPS Pionki.

i-i07-10-76drawsko-cv-pt1.jpg

A unique photo of size comparison of 49-tones PT-91M tank with the light tank CV90120T / Photo: Grzegorz Hołdanowicz

On the first day traction capabilities of the two tanks have been demonstrated. ZM Bumar Łabędy shortly confirmed finalization of the Malaysian contract, according to earlier agreements and without contractual penalties [because of the late delivery - MZ]. Bumar also confirmed its PT-91Ex offer to Polish Armed forces in one of two versions: (1) modernization of the earlier PT-91A/A1 or (2) delivery of the new version with potential buyback of the earlier vehicles. The latter offer would be quite unusual in view of the current regulations.

i-i07-10-76drawsko-cv-pt2.jpg

The second prototype (serial pattern) of PT-91M tank during presentation at Drawsko Pomorskie training grounds. Shooting with 125 mm shells with the training sub-caliber projectile TPSD-T, manufactured by ZPS Pionki / Photo: Grzegorz Hołdanowicz

Illustrative drawings of a technical support vehicle WZT-4 have been also shown. This vehicle is described as a completely new solution, integrated with engineering-road machine MID-M, as well as with PT-91M tank. The vehicle has a hydraulic 20-tones lift placed at its right-hand side. According to Bumar, work on the WZT-4 and the associated bridge PMC-Leguan is late, but the contract should be delivered on time and the first units should be presented soon.

i-i07-10-76drawsko-cv-pt3.jpg

CV90120T tank, as demonstrated to Polish Armed Forces. As opposed to a version demonstrated at MSPO 2007 (Kielce Fair) this version is equipped with remote controlled Saab Lemur weapon / Photo: Grzegorz Hołdanowicz

Hagglunds representatives were stressing a prototyped, or even pre-prototyped, character of the presented CV90120T. Drawings of its target version Mk III have been shown first time ever. It will be equipped with a new turret, adjusted to new requirements of potential users.

The afternoon presentation, in the presence of about 100 representatives of Land Forces, involved target shooting. Maj-Gen Paweł Lamla, a commander of the 11th "Lubuska" Armored Cavalry Division, was shooting with CV90120T tank, while Maj-Gen. Michnowicz, a commander of 16th Mechanized Division, was shooting with moving PT-91M. All shells have been delivered on targets.

The Drawsko demonstration was one of the last tests of CV90120 in Poland. In few days the tank will be returning to Sweden via Gdynia.

i-i07-10-76drawsko-cv-pt4.jpg

Polish ammunition 120 mm APFSDS-T-TP L1 120 – L44 was used during the shooting. The photo shows the shell being loaded at the back part of CV90120T turret / Photo: Grzegorz Hołdanowicz

Source: http://www.altair.com.pl/
Translated by MZ

2000 meters is a nice rage but the **** starts getting hard at 3500 and when moving.... I still like my little 105mm better....

Back