PS3 Cheap or Expensive?Funny view.

I dont know but I am getting it :mrgreen: I am a fan of PlayStation, next comes Microsofts Xbox, and never tried nintendo :smil:

Xbox sucks. Especially the 360. PS3 is completely worth every penny. LOVE IT!!!!!!!

But there were some nice games in Xbox and Xbox 360 :mrgreen:

Like thanks to xbox I got to know the BEST game I have ever played so far. "The elder scrolls Morrowind". And now there is Oblivion. There were some fair games really :smil:

Last edited:
I didn't say there weren't some good games. All I said was they suck. The controller is way too big for comfortable gaming. I've also never been terribly impressed with the graphics for the Xbox and 360 consoles.

But to each their own. :)

But,those articles show that PS3 is useful as Super computer・・・
3000 PS3 (100giga) have as high capable of calculation speed as IBM's BlueGene (280.6 tera)..
3,000×500$=1、500、000
So,thinking PS3 as Network computer,that may be cheap・・・・right?

Quote from BBC:
With 10,000 machines joined together the researchers calculate they should be able to do a thousand trillion calculations per second.

If that was achieved it would be nearly four times as fast as the world's most powerful supercomputer, IBM's BlueGene/L System, capable of 280.6 trillion calculations per second.

Well I am not impressed, first you have to stack 10.000 PS3s in a network and only when they are on idle the processing power is used on something else than a game. Throw in some system reboots, dropped carrier and other malfunctions the final result isn't that impressive as stated in the articles. Sorry for being negative, but major networking processing power has been done before with world wide networks of ordinary PCs hammering on encryption routines, servers and algorithm solving with various kinds of success...

If you hook them on a stable (and closed) local area network in one building we are speaking of raw processing power. (Oh uhm, okay, I want one...)

Last edited:
Xbox 360 and PS3 are Next Gen consoles and current gen top line PCs.....

You want power get the newest stuff that is about to be released for example Dx10 capable gfx cards.....

AMD is def looking like they are going to come out with some serious power...Since they got ATi and have signed deals with Rambus....The PS3 and Xbox360 will look like the toys they are come summer!

I'll stick with my PC. It's got the best FPS and RTS, and even though that's enough for me, with leading edge parts a PC will outperform any new console.

In my view,I don't PS3 is not so great as people say.
Make no mistake,computing speed of PS3 is very fast.
But at the same time,creating a game is much more difficult than PS2 because most company still don't have enough bandwidth to catch up PS3.
I couldn't find great differences between games of PS2 and PS3.
Xbox has same plobrem as PS3.
It's easier to create game for wii compared to Xbox.
So,Wii may win.
And much more,one PS3 make deficit of $200 for sony.

The NY Times just smacked the PS3. They basically said it was a unfinished product with tons of bugs/game crashes and so-so features. $600 price tag was also considered extortion for a game console. The games were also weak except for Resistence: Fall of Man.

They recommended either the 360 or Wii this Christmas. All I know is the 6 C-Bills will get you a 8800GTX which IMHO is a far better investment.

The NY Times just smacked the PS3. They basically said it was a unfinished product with tons of bugs/game crashes and so-so features. $600 price tag was also considered extortion for a game console. The games were also weak except for Resistence: Fall of Man.

They recommended either the 360 or Wii this Christmas. All I know is the 6 C-Bills will get you a 8800GTX which IMHO is a far better investment.

Finally we can agree....hehehe ;)

PS3 is an overpriced piece of crap. It is too expensive compared to the 360 and has remarkably poorer graphics than the 360. Not only is the 360 200-300 dollars cheaper, it is more powerful and it plays HD DVDs.

I didn't say there weren't some good games. All I said was they suck. The controller is way too big for comfortable gaming. I've also never been terribly impressed with the graphics for the Xbox and 360 consoles.

But to each their own. :)

View this link: http://www.gamespot.com/features/6162742/index.html

The graphics on most games for the 360 are substantially better than on the PS3. Plus the 360 has Gears of War!

Last edited:
One of my friends has a Wii, I will admit that the Wii Sports game are fun, but what about an FPS and the football games? I really only played two games on my Xbox, Halo and NCAA Football, I had Halo for the PC but I still prefer my Xbox even though the racing mode on the PC was a blast. I really need to try some sort of football game on the Wii before I make my final judgement. PS3, needs a new controller, when I try to use both joysticks, like for an FPS or something, my thumbs keep hitting so it is impossible to strafe right and turn left at the same time. Big hands, it's a curse. ;)

You can upgrade a PC forever theoretically...I mean how often od you change the case????...lol...

But seriously you cant upgrade a console...so psssssssssssssssssssh to consoles...

Back