PS2 vs Xbox

WHat is better???

• Total voters

Lt_Strony

I dont know how many of you have Xbox's or PS2's but what you think is better? i personally like the ps2 because thats what i got. Its easy to hook up the online adaptor so you can play online with friends....the only down side is that it has only 2 standard controller slots ( then you can get the multi tap)..The xbox is also nice but its more of a system were you would take it to a frieds house so 4 of you could play..

What do YOU think?? :D

I vote x-box, becase

1. It has better graphics (depending on the games you play)
2. A faster frame rate
3. Its got so much more memory..

ps2 is totally sweet too, though

I have both of them and persoanlly they are both great. I don't care for graphics too much...I've noticed the game makers care too much about graphics and forget more important things. Both systems have games that you can't have on the other such as SOCOM NAVY SEALs, HALO etc.

I'd have to say X-Box. The X-Box and PS2 are almost the same as far as graphics, framerates, RAM, etc... X-Box is just easier to use for online gameplay. PlayStation is too complicated.

782.matt said:
I have both of them and persoanlly they are both great. I don't care for graphics too much...I've noticed the game makers care too much about graphics and forget more important things. Both systems have games that you can't have on the other such as SOCOM NAVY SEALs, HALO etc.

Agreed, Both systems are great.

If one could play all the kool war games then one would be enough

I agree with Darkmb101. Also when PS2 lowered its price Xbox lowered theirs also to keep up with the competition :D Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

nulli secundus said:
I agree with Darkmb101. Also when PS2 lowered its price Xbox lowered theirs also to keep up with the competition :D Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

XBOX lowered their price first.

nulli secundus said:
Details Details Details sir, They did that so they can sell more then PS2.

Actually, they stated they lowered the price to offer the system to a broader consumer base. PS2 sales were off 49% during the holiday season of 2003, and sales are continuing to drop for Sony this year.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3662403.stm.
Both Microsoft and Sony are coming out with a new came console (XBOX 2 and PS3) within the next couple of years, so I'm sure we'll see another price drop before too long. Now if only we could get them to make the games cheaper.

As for which one is the better system: I have both, and find the XBOX far superior in graphics and quality games. The PS2 tends to offer more games, but their quality games are almost on par with XBOX as to how many are released. There are some games I enjoy more on XBOX and some I enjoy more on PS2. GTA is an example, while the graphics are better on XBOX .. I find it more enjoyable to play on PS2.

As for online, I do not get into that, so cannot comment as to which system has better online play.

hello i would vote ps2 it has more and better games then xbox because xbox wants to copy ps2 because there jellous of being ignored by most people so i vote ps2 ps2 rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :D :D :D

PS2 all of the way! It has its own original games, not like XBox which has other systems games, or it makes its own sporting and racing games, thats about it. XBox is also made by Microsoft, an american company, wheras PS2 is sony, japanese. Not that i have anything against americans, seeing as how i am american myself. its just that japan made everything good, except for the GTA series which was originally on Plastations and PC, until they made xbox versions.

So in conclusion PS2!

having both consoles i would have to say that Xbox has better Graphics but PS2 has a lotta wider range of games to choose from

Two words.

Halo 2

That's right, Xbox has it, PS2 never will. Now before you PS2 players go off and say "But what about GTA:SA?" keep this in mind, that game will gome out for Xbox, Halo 2 is Xbox only.

All my friends with PS2's were all like "Yay! Need for Speed Underground 2 is coming out soon!" I was like wtf? How come I never heard about that? Then I realized, Halo 2 came out the week before, no Xbox owner is gonna care about NFSU2 after Halo 2. It had the best opening day ever, raking in $125 Million, beating the one day totals for any other game and movie ever released, including your precious San Andreas. Xbox is the far superior console, it graphics abilities can blow the O-rings off of anything else on the market, and the next Xbox will be $300 cheaper than the PS3 and will have the same performance capabilities, plus it will have an established name like the PS2.

BTW, why no love for the Gamecube?

Halo 2 is better than all PS2 games. All my friends hate Xbox because they hate Microsoft, but they come to my place to play Halo 2 all the time.

Xbox is the best..................PS2 has had its day plus you can also play dvd's on Xbox and you can burn cd's and dvd's on Xbox too but shhhhhhhhh about that bit lol

Back