PS2 vs Xbox

WHat is better???

• Total voters
THANK YOU ANYA!!!

i take it you are speaking of modding an xbox. mine does that as well. now to the question at hand,

xbox--- better graphics better mods

ps2----- better game selection

so as far as one being more powerful you must say that the xbox is more powerful:
xbox -- http://reviews.cnet.com/Microsoft_Xbox/4507-6464_7-7853769.html

PS2 :
Type-- Game console
Input device type-- Game pad
Media Type-- CD-ROM, DVD-ROM
Modem / Comm.-- None
Type-- Toshiba & Sony Emotion Engine 294.9 MHz
Data Width-- 128 bit
Type-- Emotion Engine
RAM technology-- RDRAM (RAMBUS)
Form factor-- External
RAM installed size-- 32 MB
Video Output-- 128-bit 2D/3D graphics acceleration
Video RAM installed-- 4 MB
Video Output:2D/3D Graphics Support-- 2D/3D graphics acceleration
Connector Type-- 2 Game controller 9 pin in line Installed, 1 SPDIF output TOS Link Installed, 2 USB 4 pin USB Type A Installed, 1 IEEE 1394 (FireWire/i.LINK) 6 pin FireWire Installed, 1 PlayStation 2 AV output, 1 Network RJ-45 Installed, 1 Network
Expansion Slot(s) Total (Free)-- 2 Memory
Weight-- 4.9 lbs

xbox is more powerful just take a look

my biggest thing is the adaptibility of the xbox. i have changed a few things about mine:
SMARTXX V2 3325; 120GB; SLAYER 1.8; DVDRW SAMSUNG; CAMO CASE

It's funny, all these games that come out on Xbox and PS2 are hailed as the next big thing for PS2, like Need for Speed Underground 2, or Prince of Persia Warrior Within (Just played that game, it sucks.) Those are huge game for PS2 but compared to Halo 2 they are second rate. Halo 3 is gonna be used to launch the next Xbox and that alone may be enough to bring PS3 and Xbox 2 (Ybox?) sales to the same level, PS2 had over a one year head start on Xbox, it had almost 100% markey penetration, yet Xbox still did quite well, and Halo 2, I know I sound like a broken record, but man that game kicks *ss, I don't understand how anybody could not feel the same, if it was on PS2, Xbox, and GC it would be the highest selling game of all time.

i have to say xbox, even though i was one of the proud owners of an exploding xbox :lol: better graphics, and although PS2 has more games, xboxs are normally of better quality

rotc boy said:
i have to say xbox, even though i was one of the proud owners of an exploding xbox :lol: better graphics, and although PS2 has more games, xboxs are normally of better quality

That is right, Microsoft was not about to let the same thing that happened to PS2 happen to the Xbox, the PS2 market got flooded with crappy games so that by the time Xbox came out PS2 had over 300 games but they were all crappy and for the most part unheard of.

I personally prefer PS2 to X-box only because of SOCOM 2 US Navy SEALS. I also like HALO 2 but SOCOM is military so it got me right away. I could go either way though if i didnt hAVE SOCOM.

Damien435 said:
the next Xbox will be $300 cheaper than the PS3 and will have the same performance capabilities, plus it will have an established name like the PS2.

BTW, why no love for the Gamecube?

The PS3 will also have an established name, since it will play games from all 3 consoles

Back