Proud New Member

Skinny

Hi, I just made my account today and am excited to join in on the threads. I am still in high school, but when I graduate I plan to carry out my family's military tradition. The only members of my family that I know of that have been in the military are one of my great-grandfathers, who rode with Teddy Roosevelt and the Rough Riders on San Juan Hill, two of his sons (I believe they were his sons,) but anyway they were my grandmother's uncles, served in WWII. One was in the Navy, and served on a battleship in the Atlantic, the other was in the 101st Airborne, who dropped in on D-Day, Market Garden, went through Bastogne, and his unit liberated Auswitch (I don't know if that's how to spell it.) My uncle served in Vietnam in a SF group, and was also a POW. And another one of my uncles served in Desert Storm as in the Marine Corps.

I am sure there are many more of my ancestors that served in the military that I don't know about, also. But I know this isn't the point of this thread, to tell about your families military experiences. I am just stressing the point that I am very proud of them, and I would like to carry on the tradition. I plan on enlisting in the Army and becoming a paratrooper. :rambo:

welcome and thats one heck of a heritage you have there. Good luck as a paratrooper and in your military career. With an ancestry like that Im sure you'll excel.

Back