Propaganda as a Military Tool




 
--
 
February 28th, 2005  
Knightraptor
 

Topic: Propaganda as a Military Tool


Throughout history propaganda has had a role in swaying public opinion for or against something. It can also sway the morale of troops. I would like opinions on the current status and future of propaganda in war. Things to take into consideration are: The internet as a new medium, satellite radio, and just the global community interconnected like never before.
February 28th, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
To me most propaganda directed at the troops by the enemy is funny. At least whats directed at US troops. Who can forget.

" American Soliders and Marines. While you are far from home and lonely. Bart Simpson is in America sleeping with your wives and girl friends."
February 28th, 2005  
chewie_nz
 

Topic: Re: Propaganda as a Military Tool


Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightraptor
Throughout history propaganda has had a role in swaying public opinion for or against something. It can also sway the morale of troops. I would like opinions on the current status and future of propaganda in war. Things to take into consideration are: The internet as a new medium, satellite radio, and just the global community interconnected like never before.
for people that actively use the internet (and their home country doesn't restrict it ) it would be quite easy to see through some forms of propaganda....REMOVED!! chewie, do not start a flame war, you know that this would get an escalated response from your target
--
February 28th, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
But by the same token what you are conditioned to believe as the truth has it's effect. It is harder IMO to avoid and dispell internal propaganda than it is to dispell external propoganda.
February 28th, 2005  
chewie_nz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
But by the same token what you are conditioned to believe as the truth has it's effect. It is harder IMO to avoid and dispell internal propaganda than it is to dispell external propoganda.
deffinately!

most recently i think emedded journalism was a propaganda issue for me at least. i think it was begun quite innocently (wow we could get some AWESOME pictures if we went with the armoured cav) but in the end it showed that freelancers were able to get better, and more balanced stories...of course with bigger risk associated.
February 28th, 2005  
03USMC
 
 
IMO, Embedded Journalists are a double edged sword for all parties. I was continuing your line of thought reference the PRC.

State Sponsored Propoganda. The PRC or North Korea where all or most other sources are blocked or censored are the hardest to overcome.
March 1st, 2005  
chewie_nz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03USMC
IMO, Embedded Journalists are a double edged sword for all parties. I was continuing your line of thought reference the PRC.

State Sponsored Propoganda. The PRC or North Korea where all or most other sources are blocked or censored are the hardest to overcome.
agreed, i know of people who have moved to NZ from PRC and are dumbstruck by how critical of the Govt or STATE RUN media is. lol
March 1st, 2005  
Regisvo
 
 
I have ever read a joke, says: Goebbels's work was so inefficient, what a dumb person, even his words that had been repeats 1,000 times can become truth. If Nazi employed a rhetoric person as propaganda minister, their each word would become truth that be judged by a subjective evaluation, like value judgment.

It's very funny. My opinion is that what is propaganda? and what is truth?
March 1st, 2005  
rocco
 
the palestinians have fooled all of you into believeing they need their own land... and fooled most into believing that they are innocent civilians and israel is the big satan, and that palestinian civilization is 1000's of years old
March 1st, 2005  
chewie_nz
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocco
the palestinians have fooled all of you into believeing they need their own land... and fooled most into believing that they are innocent civilians and israel is the big satan, and that palestinian civilization is 1000's of years old
can't they all just play nice though....both the jew and the arabs lvied there in historic times....and niether is going to get exatly what they want (they other party to leave)

suicide bombing are horrible, but then are helicopter missle attacks and little girls being shot by tanks

as for that wall....that made me MAD!