Promotions in Marine Corps. Boot Camp - Page 4

--

August 3rd, 2009  
Tovarish1

Yeah I get that. Mortarmen play cards the most without any rifles lol.
August 3rd, 2009  
03USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tovarish1
Yeah I get that. Mortarmen play cards the most without any rifles lol.
They also have to hump base plates, tubes, sights, aimming stakes, bipods, ammo, their own personel trash, their TO&E weapons, section gear, dig in to set base plates, dig ammo and increment pits once they get into position. They have to learn to call for and coordinate fire and at some point will serve as FO's , provided they are good enough.

While TO&E says that 0341's rate side arms most carry a rifle as their issue weapons.

Naw bein a 0341 AIN'T NO SKATE and it ain't no joke.
August 3rd, 2009  
Tovarish1

Well obviously playing with a mini portable missile launcher isn't a joke.
--
August 3rd, 2009  
03USMC

Mortars are mortars. Javalins and SMAWS are rocket/missle launchers, 0351's play with those.
August 3rd, 2009  
Tovarish1

I wanna job where you run around. You know Marine corps. fun as long as I get to move around the field a lot.
August 3rd, 2009  
03USMC

0341's run around they just carry alot of stuff when they do.
August 3rd, 2009  
Tovarish1

Oh well yeah I can see where that's coming from. Well I guess I'd rather be a mortarman then an LAV crewman... driving in one of those vehicles. I mean maybe I can be an MP if they actually let you choose that instead of assign you to something within 03xx.
August 3rd, 2009  
03USMC

Nope if you enlist as an 03 YOU'LL BE AN 03. To be an MP you need to enlist in the 5800 Field.
August 3rd, 2009  
Tovarish1

But in the 5800 field, you can also end up with something random too?
August 3rd, 2009  
A Can of Man

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...nd_Corrections

Look
It
Up

I hope you'll show a little more resourcefulness once you actually get in.

Like running around? You'll hate it once you get in the Corps. You'll do so much running around... you will never see a mountain the same way ever again. Don't know about you but humping a 100lb pack and RUNNING over hill after hill isn't exactly "fun."

When I was writing the "wish list" the one thing I knew I would never list was "mortar man." I knew it didn't matter whether or not I wrote it but the whole idea of hauling a friggin' mortar over the regular stuff just didn't appeal to me very much.

Instead they gave me some NBC detection stuff that ended up weighing just as much.
Sometimes you just can't win.