Profiteers of WW2

USAFAUX2004

Since the Winner of WORLD WAR 2 thread keeps moving to whom gained the most AFTER the war this thread is on the profiteers of war

Well has to be America mainly as it finished with the most powerful navy and airforce, had the strongest economy and was a superpower. Japan and Germay both benefitted as there economies were rebuilt and are now the 2nd and 3rd most powerful economies, and western europe in general as it benifitted from the money the US put in rebuilding.

Id say that the USA, Japan and Germany eventually proffited the most. The Russians acctually shot themselves in the foot because they heleped save the very ideology that would challenge communisem ffor the next 40 years, and eventually end the USSRs Super-Power status.

I would also add in China to the list of Japan,Germany and America

WW2 left China to become the World Power it is today, it has the 2nd largest GDP ( 6 trillion) . Thier army size is even larger than America, However not as advanced. WW2 left China weak enough to be taken by the comies.

Israel, oddly enough, comes out as a winner cuz WW2 and the Holocaust did more to ensure the creation of the State of Israel than anything else.

Not 100% clear on whether it was a direct result of WW2, but the UK and France diminished rapidly following WW2.

The USSR comes out with a lovely empire of Communist nations in Eastern Europe, so initially they come out doing quite well for themselves. The eventual collapse of Communism in Europe has very little to do with WW2.

I don't know about Germany. Was the land they lost and the extended period of division into East and West not a pretty lousy outcome? True that their economy came out great, but its a give and take.

Never thought aboit israel like that, However the creation of israel did bring upon us more wars.

AS for thier losing the empire it was a result of WW2..kinda. The UK lost alot of it' territory during the days of the LON, France lost alot of land after WW2 also.

The USSR did come out nice, however the USSR was starved for reasources at the end of WW2.

As for germany, yes they lost a little land. however look what they gained. The Two Super Powers of the World at that time and all of thier little minions were aiding them. Each sending weapons and moneys into Germany rebuilding it, thus making it quite amazing.

Yes but Germany as an whole was created into a much better place. Today they have I beleive it is the 3rd or 4th largest GDP in the world. as well as the Largest in all of Europe.

Dameon said:
Yes but Germany as an whole was created into a much better place. Today they have I beleive it is the 3rd or 4th largest GDP in the world. as well as the Largest in all of Europe.

Yeah it's 1. USA, 2. Japan, 3. Germany, 4. UK, 5. California :D

godofthunder9010 said:
Russia actually dismantled German industrial sites and rebuilt them in Russia. For most of the Cold War, East Germany was a mess.

East germany didn't have anything in it for a loong time

My dad was visiting Europe in the 60's. He was able to cross into and visit East Berlin. He said it was night and day. West Berlin was a bustling developed modern city. East Berlin was still in ruins with bombed out buildings all over. He said it was pretty depressing feeling too.

I was in Berlin in 1991, not too long after the wall had come down. It was a big difference going from West to East. East Berlin was just block after block of 8 storey apartment blocks - very bland and depressing indeed.

This also Came to me. Last Night, The Commenwwealth as a whole Kinda won due to the fact they got thier Independance 8 years after it was over basicly.

Dameon said:
This also Came to me. Last Night, The Commenwwealth as a whole Kinda won due to the fact they got thier Independance 8 years after it was over basicly.

what are you talking about

8 years after WW2 wa over and Britian was rebuilding themselves and Europe the Nations of the British Empire were basicly given thier Independance when Elizebeth II formed the Commenwealth.

Back