Darcia

I couldn't stay on one train of thought if you paid me
October 31st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

why not? too much to handle for you?
--
November 1st, 2004  
Darcia

My Mind wanders around History Subjects often...
November 1st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

well lets talk about how russia benifited from the war
November 1st, 2004  
Darcia

They gained a very large Military due to the Build up they did in WW2. They also gained many of the natiosn that would be known as making up the USSR.
November 1st, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by drilldownmaster2004
well lets talk about how russia benifited from the war
Gains were obvious and their power grew. Still, consider that by victory, the Communist System was seen as having been "proven superior" to capitalism. In the long run, this may have greatly delayed the realization that Communism is only superior either on paper or in a society of perfect people. So Russia today has lost all those years that could have been better spend developing economic strength and independence chasing a failed concept.

Sortof ironic really.
November 1st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
They gained a very large Military due to the Build up they did in WW2. They also gained many of the natiosn that would be known as making up the USSR.
well there were layoffs in the 60's (maybe 70's not sure) so i dont think that the military improved
November 1st, 2004  
Darcia

But it was very well built up during WW2 and alot of that carrierd over to the USSR as a whole, then to a lot of little African Nations.....Hey maybe africa realy won in the end, after all they got all the old weapons .[/u]
November 1st, 2004  
USAFAUX2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dameon
But it was very well built up during WW2 and alot of that carrierd over to the USSR as a whole, then to a lot of little African Nations.....Hey maybe africa realy won in the end, after all they got all the old weapons .[/u]
Some won...there are massacres in Africa...guess what they are using to kill their own people?