Profiteers of WW2

They gained a very large Military due to the Build up they did in WW2. They also gained many of the natiosn that would be known as making up the USSR.

drilldownmaster2004 said:
well lets talk about how russia benifited from the war
Gains were obvious and their power grew. Still, consider that by victory, the Communist System was seen as having been "proven superior" to capitalism. In the long run, this may have greatly delayed the realization that Communism is only superior either on paper or in a society of perfect people. So Russia today has lost all those years that could have been better spend developing economic strength and independence chasing a failed concept.

Sortof ironic really.

Dameon said:
They gained a very large Military due to the Build up they did in WW2. They also gained many of the natiosn that would be known as making up the USSR.

well there were layoffs in the 60's (maybe 70's not sure) so i dont think that the military improved

But it was very well built up during WW2 and alot of that carrierd over to the USSR as a whole, then to a lot of little African Nations.....Hey maybe africa realy won in the end, after all they got all the old weapons .[/u]

Dameon said:
But it was very well built up during WW2 and alot of that carrierd over to the USSR as a whole, then to a lot of little African Nations.....Hey maybe africa realy won in the end, after all they got all the old weapons .[/u]

Some won...there are massacres in Africa...guess what they are using to kill their own people?

See, that's an example of a post that will probably get deleted ... except this is the Military History Forum, and the moderators only come around only about once a week.

Just the way you said it.
Funny. I won't answer you because I "hope' you are joking
Could come across as demeaning or belittling. There's no guarantee that people know things and what is obvious to one person is completely new to another.

drilldownmaster2004 said:
you mean the dumb question?

Hey hero, slow down. Read the forum rules again before you make another post, you about one tick from being banned.

I would not actually classify the african crisis as benefit of the war. More like a legacy of the USSR. I believe history channel said there's like 100,000,000 Ak's out there. So its a scary world, considering you can get one for 50$ in China

It is also interesting that the Russians Made like they say 80,000 T-55, yet they only have like around 20,000 now.

anyway. This is not well known But the Vatican also did good in Ww2 when WW2 was over the Vatican helped to get the Nazi's to Syria, and South America.

Back