Processing in without proper paperwork

7.62Mauser

Thank you all for admitting me to your forums and fellowship.

I was never in the military, but I feel gratitude and respect for your willingness to sacrifice both security, comfort, and prestige to protect me and our way of life.

Also, my elder daughter is a senior non-com and she is one of my heroes and role-models.

I am an elderly, retired guy with four adult children. I also style myself as a "recovering intellectual" (but like alcoholism, you are never totally a "former intellectual")

I came here initially by a link from YouTube where I watch British and other military ceremonial and marches.

I am a some-time shooter, especially of revolvers (also my P96!):
a Science Fiction fan since the 1950's (especially of the Flash Gordon Movie Serials of the 40's):
an Anglo-Catholic:
a WRX owner:
a preparer and consumer of Chinese food, especially Dim Sum:
a learning speaker, writer, and reader of Traditional Character Mandarin and Kanji:
an admirer of the people of Taiwan
and mostly an old guy trying to work around my slowly mounting health challenges in order to remain physically and mentally active and useful.

Now where do I stow my stuff?

Welcome aboard Mauser. You'll get on well with our resident gun-enthusiast/LEO known as 5.56. Your appreciation for those who have served is noted and appreciated in return.

Back