In the process of joining, but having a hang up.

335xi

Hello all,

About 2 months ago I finally decided that I wanted to join the military after graduating from college, my mom is currently active duty air force and I have been in the military world since I was about 6 years old (I'm 27 now). I spoke with an army recruiter to start because of my tattoos I figured the army would have the least strict tattoo policy (Come to find out it's the Navy) I started the process of filling out paperwork and applying for a waiver for a shoulder surgery I had about a year ago. Filled everything out and sent it in came back to see my recruiter about a week later and was told by the senior there that my tattoo was too low below my wrist bone and that I would have to get it removed before I went any further with the army.

The following day I go and speak with a Navy recruiter and begin the process with the Navy and do all my beginning paperwork and security clearance. I go to meps about a week later to go and take my asvab test which I scored fairly well on. That was on June 23rd of 2017. Now I've been in a holding pattern since that date because the army initially sent in my medical paperwork and per my recruiter the navy can't touch it until the army is done processing it (Which I get the whole hurry up and wait deal) I've talked to my recruiter at least once a week trying to figure out what is going on and he cannot seem to get anywhere from my understanding.

We've filled out the transfer form for meps to release the documents so that the navy can use them but I'm just not sure where to go from here? I've done in and talked to the recruiter and the chief in the office, at this point should I try a different recruiter or do something else? It feels like my recruiter has lost interest in trying to help me over this hurdle and when I went in he said that he was just the low man on the totem pole and that there is nothing that he can do.

So I guess my question is, where do I go from here or what do I need to do at this point?

Thanks for any help

Back