problems

Lady liberty

ok i have more questions.... in the last year i have been diagnost with depression and anxiety due to my mothers death and a few other unfortunate events. will this effect me in any way getting into the air force???

It will all pend on when you plan on goin in and how long you have had the problem. They dont want to have a depressed person in boot because of how depressin it can be itself. That will bring up a whole lot of other problems. Example, I have a cousin that went into the Army a few months ago and didnt tell them that she was takin antidepressents, they found out and kicked her out after they kept her for a while and made her do extra duties. She started takin the meds 1 month before she went in. I didnt know any of this until just this past week otherwise I could have told her she was wastin her time. Although, you can talk to a recruiter and see what they say. There could be exceptions and be up front about it.

Yes, i know not to hide anything because sooner or later they will find out. i have been taking antidepressants for about 5 months and i plan on going to college before going into the Air Force. and should i talk to a recruiter even if im not enlisting? :?:

If you are interested in joinin at all and concerned about those things, it would be wise to talk to one and find out the real scoop. That may make your choice for you.

Back