Problems in Syria - Page 3

--
Boots

June 21st, 2012  
hamidreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by benaakatz
do you really think that the syrians still want assad in power? after he has killed 14,000 plus and has shown no signs of stopping?

and hezbollah has ruined lebanon

the west wants to help, unlike your regime which is all too happy to support the slaughter in syria, so that they can continue to prop up assad and hezbollah
If the Middle East people didn't want the west help, what should they do? greed is hidden in the Wolf's hello.
June 21st, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian
Problem is that traditional American's ideas, as well as the average westerner it appears, seem to like tooth paste, pharmacuticals and hair gel made from crude extract,

We like driving sometimes up to a 100 miles a day to commute, we like driving for hours to reach a vacation destination.

Fact of the matter is, average Joe and Jan at home may feel bad for the Syrian populace (which at this junction for now, does not appear anti American, for now..)

But as soon as their local Cheveron throws up a dozen extra cents on the gallon, then suddenly people are along the lines of "Crisis? What Syrian Crisis? Where is Syria?"

The talk of the hour becomes the intteruption of our extremely overindulging lifestyle that a vast majority of my countrymen for better or for worse are dependent upon.

Think about this then think about the fine tightrope any American policy maker who ever hopes to see relection or support from big business to pay for a campgain has to ponder when dealing with the Middle East.

Is it better to prop up a murdering tyrant? And secure oil flow at cheap prices out of the region?

Or risk security and save a oppressed populace that may splinter and interupt the oil flow, causing prices at home to rise, corporate lobby groups to not donate money for campagin funding.

Pissed off mobs dumping litter for a weekend all the National Mall, and the media having your reputation put through a televised shooting gallery.

This is what in the end weighs on the minds of any U.S. policy maker when dealing with situations just like this one.

And a whole bunch of this behavior is attributed to our lifestlyes and us getting what we consider necessities, the same exact lesson was learned with the Diamond trade from conflict zones.

Americans and Westerner's wanted shiney rocks to wow that special lady, disregarding the dirty little seceret that the profits from that same rock paid for forcing drug addicted orphans into brutal civil wars.

It's also a factor of business, you disconnect the connection from dead Middle Eastern Childeren in the streets from the gas pump, and the toleration of tyranny for the sake of security of oil exports will, and has prevailed.

The best part is with the emerging middle classes in India and China, it's only a matter of time before they to must indulge in this behavior to get what is in demand in their countries as well.

It's down right dirty, but it's the way of things.
This relates to every country, it's called self interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamidreza
What is the different between Assadís regime and Mobarakís regime?
Mubarak stepped down.

Quote:
What is the different between Assadís regime and Malek Abdullahís regime?
Abdullah made changes to his government

Quote:
What is the different between Assadís regime and other Arabís regime?
Assad is helped by the Iranians and the Russians the others by the West

Quote:
Just one thing. Because Assad is really against Israel in the region but the other Arab regimes arenít.
Assad lost ground (Golan) and didn't get it back. Egypt lost ground (Sinai) and got it back through peace.
June 21st, 2012  
benaakatz

yawn...hamidreza, you sound like an mouthpiece for the ayatollahs, trying to justify the daily slaughter of 100 plus syrians who are fighting from there freedom from fascism

the west didn't start this, the syrians who took to the street for their freedom did
--
Boots
June 21st, 2012  
hamidreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by benaakatz
yawn...hamidreza, you sound like an mouthpiece for the ayatollahs, trying to justify the daily slaughter of 100 plus syrians who are fighting from there freedom from fascism

the west didn't start this, the syrians who took to the street for their freedom did
well, I ask you one question and I want you to bring one logical answer for it.

Why the west has double standard behavior about the recent events in different countries in Middle East which is called Arab spring, Islamic awakening or any other thing.

You have one month time to answer this question. you can use any book, any article, any politician help and any reference that you think can help you in this matter. But be careful, your answer shall be logical. Just logical. If it is a logical answer, I'll stop criticizing or any other things about the west politics in ME.
June 21st, 2012  
benaakatz

i can answer that right now. the west and east and every single country is hypocritical and has supported terrible regimes. that's the way geopolitics works

it doesn't mean that what syria is doing isn't wrong

i think i beat the one month deadline
June 21st, 2012  
hamidreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS

Assad is helped by the Iranians and the Russians the others by the West

So the democracy and freedom is important in Syria or Libya because they are supported by Russia or Iran and is not important in other places because they are supported by west.
June 21st, 2012  
hamidreza

Quote:
benaakatz:
i can answer that right now. the west and east and every single country is hypocritical and has supported terrible regimes. that's the way geopolitics works

it doesn't mean that what syria is doing isn't wrong

i think i beat the one month deadline
well, a suicide answer. If your answer is true then the winners of this unequal battle will be the countries who have the media power, stronger armies and more money, then they can be more hypocritical.
June 22nd, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
So the democracy and freedom is important in Syria or Libya because they are supported by Russia or Iran and is not important in other places because they are supported by west.
Politics, it's all politics and self interest but the west doesn't go as far as Russia, China and Iran (and some others).

The west was reluctant to drop the support for Mubarak, but they did. When are Russia, China and Iran going to drop the support of Assad? How many more people must die before they support the Syrian people.
June 22nd, 2012  
hamidreza

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDKMS
Politics, it's all politics and self interest but the west doesn't go as far as Russia, China and Iran (and some others).

The west was reluctant to drop the support for Mubarak, but they did. When are Russia, China and Iran going to drop the support of Assad? How many more people must die before they support the Syrian people.
A lot of Syrians were killed by rebels who are supported by west although the Syria's army killed many people too. But the main point is that the rebels and west derive a benefit from crisis not Assad. So I am suspect that the bombing and especially the new criminal in Syria were designed by west. They just get benefits of it not Assad.
June 23rd, 2012  
VDKMS

Quote:
A lot of Syrians were killed by rebels who are supported by west although the Syria's army killed many people too. But the main point is that the rebels and west derive a benefit from crisis not Assad. So I am suspect that the bombing and especially the new criminal in Syria were designed by west. They just get benefits of it not Assad.
Believe me, this did not come from the West. This also did not came from the FSA supported by the West. Most likely it was done by government supported thugs. I do not totally exclude fanatical terrorist groups because they can benefit from a civil war in Syria like they did, or tried, in other Arab Spring countries.