Problems logging.

I've posted a reply in that thread now.
Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Hm, strange..
I have Win XP SP2 and I use Firefox most of the times, and I've never had any problems.

What anti-virus/firewall etc. are you using?

I'll look into this some more tomorrow.

Last edited:
I use a Free AVG Anti-Virus And Norton Anti-Virus, besides that I have also a Microsoft Beta Antispyware.

zander_0633 said:
I use a Free AVG Anti-Virus And Norton Anti-Virus, besides that I have also a Microsoft Beta Antispyware.
My dad has that stuff on his computer and it does some weird stuff with logging in on here.

I use AVG and MS antispyware myself, so they're not causing any problems here..
But I've had some problems with Norton before..

I recommend you to get a Firewall as well if you don't have that.
Can find some links to free internet security resources at the bottom of this site:
www.spyber.com

zander_0633 said:
So I need a firewall?

Wouldn't hurt. Check your popup blocker, sometimes, mine will block videos. If you have a toolbar at the top under your address space, mine is Yahoo toolbar, set the blocker to make a sound everytime it blocks a website, then click on the pulldown and see what has been blocked, then click on that and it will allow you to open the websites.

Two firewalls at once can actually be worse than having none since
they can "knock" eachother out.
so I recommend you to use just one firewall.

What firewalls are you using?

Norton Antivirus reacts badly to certain firewalls.

I used to use Norton but had so many problems I not only stopped using it, I completely erased it from my system. NOT ONLY THAT, IT'S NOT A GOOD IDEA TO RUN TWO FIREWALLS AT THE SAME TIME. They have a tendency to fight one another and create unforseen problems.

I now use the following "FREE" programs and no longer have problems:

1) ZoneAlarm Firewall program.
2) AVG7 Antivirus program.
3) Microsoft Antispyware (Beta) program.

The only additional steps I follow is to perodically delete cookies, etc - this cures the two , three, and four times I had to "re" sign into the forum because of my jumping around the forum and generation of messages and postings.

I HOPE THIS HELPS YOU.

Well folks right now I am having to use a proxy server to access this site. It seems the powers that be in this big chicken have decided to block the site. Not quite sure what we said but here we are... :roll:

The WinXP firewall is good for nothing else than checking mail, disable it and run a freeware tool such as ZoneAlarm, have used it myself for three years or so and not had any problems with it. The Stealth mode provided with ZA is worth getting if you want to keep your IP private.

Last edited:
And now I am back on without a proxy... those zany communists! :)

Do a google search... "zone alarm free download" ;)

Back